Public Forums > Banter and Chit-Chat!

Infamous Quests Forum and Website Policy

<< < (2/4) > >>

nidoking:
Well, precisely. And that's why the T&C specifically spell out that no, you get nothing. You lose! Good day, sir! Well, it's sort of a win because your idea went into the game, but it's no longer your idea; it's theirs. Hence, if you want any credit for your idea, keep it hush-hush and arrange with the developers privately. Personally, I love the idea of my input being part of a creative work, but I wouldn't ask for money in return. Heck, in this case, I paid $5000 for the privilege of possibly having some of my ideas used in the game.

Hey, there's an idea for a T&C modification. If you post a gameplay idea on the forums, and it gets used, you owe QFI $5000. That would keep people honest! "Oh, no, that idea in the game is NOTHING like what I suggested! I have no claim to it whatsoever!" Now there's a way to reach your stretch goals!

Lambonius:
Haha...nice.  :)

I like to think about it this way, when I first started doing art and other work for IA's free remakes, we all had an understanding that every piece of work produced was considered a donation the minute it hit the forums.  This is basically the same concept.

Chadly:
Just a simple question.  If i want to submit an idea or two, will you not even read it? Do i make a thread "suggestions for the game?" Should i P.M. to someone at I.Q.?  Even tho the T&C of this website says "we do not take suggestions and all posts become property of I.Q." How does one make a suggestion in general terms?  If i give an idea and it is used "as is", or modified and becomes implemented into QFI, well that would make me very pleased and i would'nt want money or even recognized.  Should i keep my ideas to myself??  Please make more clear to me the rules.  Thanks Chadly.

Lupin:

--- Quote from: Chadly on August 16, 2012, 12:18:50 PM ---Just a simple question.  If i want to submit an idea or two, will you not even read it? Do i make a thread "suggestions for the game?" Should i P.M. to someone at I.Q.?  Even tho the T&C of this website says "we do not take suggestions and all posts become property of I.Q." How does one make a suggestion in general terms?  If i give an idea and it is used "as is", or modified and becomes implemented into QFI, well that would make me very pleased and i would'nt want money or even recognized.  Should i keep my ideas to myself??  Please make more clear to me the rules.  Thanks Chadly.

--- End quote ---

Going by what has been said in other threads on the site, the staff won't accept any ideas personally from us, otherwise their inbox would just be full of emails from us fans going "HEY, I'VE GOT A REALLY COOL IDEA FOR QFI" and we all know that would really annoy them.

Also, we have all been discussing general ideas in the forums as a whole, of various game elements we like, or ideas that we think is cool. So if by random chance the staff members do like an idea that you have put down, then maybe they will discuss it with you. Otherwise, I would just leave it alone.

Lambonius:
What Lupin said.  It's really not a big deal.  Nobody's trying to say not to suggest things or discuss ideas you think might be cool for the game--in fact, I'm pretty sure everyone enjoys it and encourages it.  Just don't necessarily expect your idea to get used, and if it does get used, basically the only reward you get is the satisfaction of knowing that your forum discussion may have in some way contributed to the coolness of the game.  ;)

Additionally, I think the implication is, discuss whatever you like in the forums, but don't privately submit ideas via email or PM and expect that to somehow make them legally binding or something.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version