Public Forums > Banter and Chit-Chat!

Simon the Sorcerer

(1/4) > >>

Lupin:
This is just a random post to say that I only started this game today. I've known of it for years, but today is the first time I have ever played it and so far, I wonder why I never tried it before. The humour is classic Point and Click adventure style ("When I move my mouse pointer over you, it says wizards") and I look forward to see what puzzles await me.

Just wanted to say that

Blackthorne:
Simon is awesome!

Bt

Corrigan:
Make sure you hang around in the bar to hear the whole conversation the wizards are having, it's hilarious :)

nidoking:
And pixel-hunt obsessively. The second game is far worse for hiding things from you and requiring nonsense actions to solve some of the puzzles (at least there's a hint system in the first one for some of the weirder things you have to do), but in the first game, they love hiding items you need in plain sight.

Also, if you can, play the CD version with voices. I grew up with the low-quality music from the floppy version, and most of the voices sound little like what I imagined, but Chris Barrie is Simon. That alone makes the voice cast great.

Lupin:

--- Quote from: nidoking on November 04, 2012, 12:36:21 AM ---And pixel-hunt obsessively. The second game is far worse for hiding things from you and requiring nonsense actions to solve some of the puzzles (at least there's a hint system in the first one for some of the weirder things you have to do), but in the first game, they love hiding items you need in plain sight.

Also, if you can, play the CD version with voices. I grew up with the low-quality music from the floppy version, and most of the voices sound little like what I imagined, but Chris Barrie is Simon. That alone makes the voice cast great.

--- End quote ---

I'm playing one from GOG, which I imagine is the better quality version.

Wait, Chris Barrie? As in Arnold Judas Rimmer (also goes by Smeghead and Goalpost head) Chris Barrie? Wow, that is impressive voice acting, couldn't tell it was him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version