Author Topic: Shouldn't map usage pass time?  (Read 8258 times)

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
Re: Shouldn't map usage pass time?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 07:52:40 PM »
I am mixed on instant transport maps, but did like that it wouldn't take me anywhere but only to certain locations.

On the negative side was the amount of work to use the map. I would have preferred to just click on the map and be able to choose where to go rather than being taken to a separate screen where I again had to select the map so I could choose where to go.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Re: Shouldn't map usage pass time?
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 08:01:52 PM »
On the negative side was the amount of work to use the map. I would have preferred to just click on the map and be able to choose where to go rather than being taken to a separate screen where I again had to select the map so I could choose where to go.

That only happens for the rogue so that the rogue has the option of using the thief tunnels.  The rogue actually has slightly different fast travel points because of the tunnels, so he can travel directly to the thieves' den or into Tyr (not just outside the gates) and the South Woods (bypassing the hunters.)

The other two classes' map use functions exactly as you described above.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

miriya

• Villain
  • Liked: 37
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Shouldn't map usage pass time?
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 10:43:22 PM »
I talked to the guy standing by the stores and he has them for sale on day 2, I think and on day three when you're without a map.

The option to buy the map doesn't appear until Day 3 for the sorcerer.  It does appear on Day 2 for the rogue, and I honestly didn't check for the brigand because it wasn't necessary.

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
Re: Shouldn't map usage pass time?
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 11:05:27 PM »

That only happens for the rogue so that the rogue has the option of using the thief tunnels.  The rogue actually has slightly different fast travel points because of the tunnels, so he can travel directly to the thieves' den or into Tyr (not just outside the gates) and the South Woods (bypassing the hunters.)

The other two classes' map use functions exactly as you described above.  :)

That is really good to know, so far I have only had a chance to play as a rogue and found the way the map worked to be odd. Now that you explained why and that it is class specific it makes a lot more sense. Am hoping to get a chance to play as a brigand this weekend