Author Topic: Finished the game  (Read 2580 times)

Rocier

Finished the game
« on: July 11, 2014, 07:28:21 PM »
It was pretty good. Althought, as someone who learned about this game waaaaay back in the day on a board that had a list of quest for glory fan games its hard not to be dissapointed. I am however, SHOCKED it came out. That was what, ten years ago? 1 out of 60 of those games got made I think

I didnt mind the price point, but I think it may be a bit steep for a lot of people, especially when compared to heroines quest which is an awesome game thats absolutely free. I had to donate to those guys I felt so guilty after playing it.

Speaking of which, i prefered heroines combat system, or qfg 1-3. This one is more like 4, but 4 had the awesome combat music to make up for it.

Your dialouge and voice actors were top notch! Seriously I rarely skiped listening to it, it was so enjoyable. Although I wish you wouldn't call me an idiot when I tryed to combine items! That got old.

Story was ok

I really enjoyed the theif side quests. There were enough houses to rob, and I saved the bank for last and it was a blast getting all that loot. Although the bank vault is laugh out loud redicules. Isn't that how all bank vaults work? Anyways, the side quests were so much fun and deep it'll be worth another playthrough with the other classes.

Scale was too big. Soooo many unused, unimportant rooms. Shit is soooo spread out. You could of cut half of them. Although they're all beautiful i'd rather you kept them and added more stuff to make them relative. That would have made a grand epic game, but that seems unreasonable for a small indie team. So it was kinda half there and just felt empty. Which in the end added to the lost feeling I had through a large portion of the game. There are sooo many characters and rooms you don't know whats significant and what to pay attention to.

The puzzles and progression (aside from that lostness) were all good. I did get lost, i did struggle with a number of puzzles, but I only got stuck a couple of times and thats an acceptable amount in a game this big.

Overall a good purchase. Would, and will reccomend. Please don't take the criticism as anything but the things that stick out in my mind while i played.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Finished the game
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 07:32:50 PM »
Hey, thanks for playing the game and taking the time to leave us your thoughtful impressions!  Glad you enjoyed it!  It was definitely a labor of love and a learning experience.  :) 
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Rocier

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 07:35:23 PM »
thank you and your team for the game and making yourself availible to provide hints!

7legion77

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 09:16:07 PM »
I love the size of the game, I just wish they had more time to fill it up with content!
I also would have liked deeper interactions with the characters. And I wish the game was longer.
Some ideas:

- A Brigand quest to gather materials for the blacksmith to craft a new sword. Its also possible to ask him about his most treasured possession: a "family heirloom" sword made of the "finest rare alloy" that can cut through enemies like a knife through butter.
After Rhoem is sent to collect a ghoul claws, etc... he returns to the blacksmith, who in turn has to go to the Tyr blacksmith academy or some %#$ in order to craft the sword.
During this one day window, if Rhoem happens to talk to Prospero, he can bring up the blacksmith (whom Prospero refers to as a "self-important neanderthal" and Rhoem, if he does a quest for Prospero "I am in need of a mercenary to pull off a brutish, savage endeavor, where otherwise my magic would leave a conspicuous trail that could lead back to me... assault a mansion in the Southwoods, kill all the guards and retrieve a book from their library" Rhoem can then get him to put an illusion on his sword that makes it look the blacksmith's heirloom. Then, before the blacksmith returns from Tyr, Rhoem can break into his house and swap the fake sword with the heirloom, hence acquiring the most powerful weapon in the game, the only one that can stand up to Kessel's hickory stick...   

If the player misses this hidden opportunity, the Blacksmith returns after a day elapses with the new sword he's crafted, and then afterwards Rhoem says something to the effect of... "wow, all that work for this piece of crap! I may as well keep using my old sword!"

...I would have generally liked to see a ton of side quests such as this example, in order to gain more "Infamy".   

Tyr's Arrows and Voleris seems like a huge missed opportunity for more content. As well as the broken bridge and all the other beautiful but empty screens, such as the mountain trail leading up to the vista point with absolutely nothing to do out there.

It seems that IQ, while well-intentioned, didn't have enough time to fully flesh out this game.

I'm sure you're all sick of working on it, but I'd be thrilled if an "Enhanced" version or an update patch would be released in the future.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 09:18:36 PM »
Yeah, we had to cut a lot of ideas due to time and budget, but I'm sure there's more content in there that you have missed.  There are important uses for many screens you might consider to not be important!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."