Author Topic: My first runthrough (Brigand) seemed like Roehm was TOO strong  (Read 5414 times)

whenwherewolves

I suggest making a hard difficulty setting. I could easily kill everyone even Rayford, just by blocking to get my health back, then using super attack, regular attack, repeat. Don't get me wrong,I LOVED the game and maybe I spent too much time at the cemetery killing stuff during the prelude. My hack and block skills were both over 100 not even halfway through the game. I cannot tell you how much this game means to me. The Big Lebowski reference on it's on made the game worth it for me. I'd like a bit more of a challenge, though! Thanks everyone and stay infamous! Should I go with rogue or sorcerer next time?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: My first runthrough (Brigand) seemed like Roehm was TOO strong
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 09:32:03 PM »
We've actually balanced out the stats, and fixed the stat building error with block for v 1.1 - so it should be a more balanced experience in the update!  Plus, there will be bonus content and such so it'll be fun to play again!

Thanks for all the love you've given to Quest for Infamy! It really means a lot to me and the whole team here at IQ.  Hearing someone say it's one of their favorite games is just amazing.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 10:53:50 PM »
well its all I hear bt!

this game truly is amazing, could more have been done .. SURE but then it woulda had to be a trilogy this game is huge,

for example i just got and played A GOLDEN WAKE, didnt like it,  1-2 hours, no puzzles boring main character, no plot, but i love the dev and publisher, still terrible game...

when I see games like that for 15$ and see yours .. well not much if anything compares man

as for the brigand and 1.0  non patch , sorry i still say sorc rips rear most of all,
1st they can max stats on block before even picking a path tho some STATS RESET when you pick sorc

once u get speed cast bracers, well, you lvl magic really fast, then once thats max you wear fire bracers and rip bung holes!
seriously, bt fight was a joke as sorc, just cast poison brambles and blew his arse into oblivion only 3 pots
with rogue i used like 30 pots,  brigand like 20
sorc ripps !
:P
esp at 100 lvl max
whoop
mini trick is to just stand at dorks house in volk near the well and cast unlock forever really fast, tada magic maxed!
and no time on the clock as it seems to pause it for a few seconds,
shrug

cant WAIT for the next gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
and the patch
oh and the bundle

whoop whoop

I truly ♥ QFI
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

whenwherewolves

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 03:38:49 AM »
Yeah,  I think I'm gonna go with the Sorcerer next time. Gonna play Dragon Age: Origins for a few days (if I can) before starting a new game.

BT, thanks, my friend. You sir, and your team, have developed something truly special here. And I wish you all the best with making the sequels. You are making them, right..?? Anyway, super stoked about the patch. I'm sorry I didn't hear about this game earlier, I would have definitely donated to yer kickstarter. QFI is just the perfect game for me, so much nostalgia with perfect modern touches. The dialog, oh the dialog! Genius, Narrator,  genius (he reminds me of the Bards Tale hack and slash game's narrator, but even better!)

What I saying is, you struck a chord in me with this game. I was bored with most games for a while until I found QFI. It means a lot to me. It's helped me through hard times and given me a reason to look forward to coming home from my new job.  I'm much obliged, BT. For reals.

Sorry so sappy.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 05:34:25 AM »
I'm glad you enjoyed our game. It means a lot to me personally that you got so much enjoyment from it and I know that it's comments like yours that make me want to keep going and making more games! Thanks.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 09:07:46 AM »
You guys are all awesome.

Kal, you'll also find magic has been more balanced in the update as well!

Bt

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 05:04:23 PM »
awww nerfed nuts! :P

now i dont like your game! yea thats it! i think its worth 5$! nothing more! lol jk mate ahem sorry

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 07:48:08 PM »
The Sorcerer is bad ass indeed. However i found combat to be challenging at times as well as frustrating with all the misses.  Why nit increase the difficulty slider?  Hell even at standard settings its a bit challenging at first! ;)
**********Chadly*********************

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 07:51:19 PM »
Consider this.  If combat is too easy people complain. If combat is too hard people complain.  Where is the happy median????  A great challenging game folks all around.  You want a challenge?  Try finding BT/the hidden bar all by yourself with no help!!!!!!! :D

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 10:33:46 PM »
An old style game is supposed to be just that. If you want more difficulty, play without armor and use a weak weapon. If you want it easier, there are ways I hesitate to mention. All in all, this game completely blew me away.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 10:36:35 PM »
You're spot on Chadly, we have had complaints from both ends of the spectrum with the combat difficulty. Some say it's too easy, others say it's too hard.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 10:16:33 AM »
well klytos
yea!
I mean for me combat was really not understood or explained to well due to the bugs
but once one gets that down lol its far to easy
maxing stats in one nite before even hitting an inn!

cant wait for the new patch, whoop whoop

i myself was like damn this battle is hard!
until i just clicked block like 9999 times in battle   dying the first 6 times then never dying again lol
only the bt fight hurt me, but even then not to badly as sorc,

but yea i like this battle vs the more complex qfg series like even heroines quest of the left n right or high low stab, i do miss that system but, i love that this combat system is unique! just
hoooah

still would love a babe in my bed and a man servant, or home to spruce up, 
think fans will ever be able to mod this game in the distant future lol thad rock !

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 01:31:50 PM »
Well hell yeah battle is easy if you spend the time to max stats. :)    In normal gameplay mode the fighting can be challenging at first.  Frankly my favorite fighting exp is the original quest for glory, where you had a first person approach and a third person approach when fighting the weapons master or kobold.  Second fav is qfg 2 org and remake.  Turn based fighting such as qfg4 and in Qfi to me seemed a little lackluster and frustrating with the hit to miss ratio.  Thats my two cents! Lol.  Don't get me wrong i enjoyed QFI very much and eventually the combat too! :D