Author Topic: Walkthrough, hints etc?  (Read 89104 times)

Rocier

Walkthrough, hints etc?
« on: July 10, 2014, 07:29:56 PM »
are there any resources anywhere? Am I the only person that bought this game? Why arent there any hints anywhere?!

I'm stuck at the door to the theives guild. They guy is offering me a riddle and i have NO clue what it could be. I've asked for "news" from everyone I can, and it doesnt seem to help. I only get stuff about the sheriff arresting people, the morroi, and "honest" guys trying to make a living.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Walkthrough, hints etc?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 07:40:18 PM »
Try going through Ian's dialog options again--he should emphasize a particular phrase a number of times.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Rocier

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 07:44:06 PM »
you mean
Spoiler (hover to show)
? Ya, thats it. But thats the phrase used to identify yourself as a theif. Ian is RIGHT THERE vouching for me. That was confusing.

Anyways, thanks.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 10:22:45 PM »
You know thieves.  They aren't a SUPER creative lot.  The door guy is a dumbass!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Rocier

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 12:30:01 AM »
Few more questions here.

Im in the mine and had a run in with the necromancer. I need a brain. I want to take the head from in front of the town, but the game keeps telling me "you dont want to take the head." But I DOOOOO want to take the head, so why wont it let me take the head?! where else might i find a brain?

Also i am completely lost when it comes to finding the "key" and pieces of the crest to the tomb. I have the ammulet, but it doesnt seem to do anything. I found a symbol in the well but I dont know what to do with that. A point in some kinda direction would be nice.

I really appreciate the scope of this game, but its so vast its hard to know where to go.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 12:37:18 AM »
The necromancer doesn't want the whole head--JUST the brain.  ;)  Maybe you can find some tool that can help you remove it?  Roehm the surgeon?

There are one or two people around that know a good deal about the crest pieces.  One of those two people is going to require a little detective work to find.  Make sure you've talked to everyone in the Grasslands and been to the Tyr library.

As for the wall in the well, are you WEARING the amulet?
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 12:40:51 AM »
Yep. Click the amulet on yourself.  And talk to everyone in the grasslands, and maybe go study some books in the library of Tyr!

You can do it, man!  We're here too - we'll give hints.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Rocier

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 01:49:13 AM »
i did manage to get the key. by the by, you should put that trigger further from the wall, or force the character to walk to the symbol when looking at it.
Spoiler (hover to show)

tell me there arnt 4 piece of this crest cuz I have no idea where ONE is.

Also, for talking to all the people in the grasslands, there is one old fart that wont talk to me till i get him some wood. Well, i got the moss for the fireflies but have no container to put them in. Is there a glass jar somewhere?

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Re: Walkthrough, hints etc?
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 01:55:27 AM »
Also, for talking to all the people in the grasslands, there is one old fart that wont talk to me till i get him some wood. Well, i got the moss for the fireflies but have no container to put them in. Is there a glass jar somewhere?

Did you visit the swamp entrance during the day?

As for the other thing:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Rocier

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 02:12:24 AM »
i'm an idiot, didnt see those dialouge options cuz i didnt scroll down.

Never occured to me to wander around with the ammy. I usually come up with something to try and make a B line for it via fast travel

Thanks

Insaniac99

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 03:50:57 AM »
I could use a little hint on where the moss is... I've spent half an hour wandering around at night and I feel like I've covered everywhere but I can't find it.

I also can't find the rabbit for the plague spell or the thing that floats on air (I am thinking balloon, but I haven't found one if it exists)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 04:13:07 AM »
The moss
Spoiler (hover to show)

Float on a Cloud Spell
Spoiler (hover to show)

Plague Spell
Spoiler (hover to show)

Rocier

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 04:13:56 AM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

Im finally on act 2 and am defeated by a bush! Why cant i "push past" the bush when people keep telling me thats what i  need to do?

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 07:33:25 AM »
Each class has their own way past the bush.  What would a sorcerer do? A rogue? A brigand?
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Insaniac99

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 01:34:30 PM »
Thanks for the help so far.  I apparently had never been to the 99 acre woods, I didn't think to go wet from the mansion. 

Now I just need to find that feather........