Author Topic: zilpha snyder, died october 8th :( I was working with her on a movie game  (Read 3006 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
In case no one knows,
zilpha snyder, local to san francisco, Creator of BELOW THE ROOT and many other great books.. died at age 87 just a few weeks ago,
her agent messaged me,
its really sad..
we were working with a russian producer to make BELOW THE ROOT the movie and revamp and remake the below the root game from c64 era on modern gaming platforms,
she was a wonderful and super nice woman. and to me = or better than JRR
I cant believe she is gone..

:(

RIP zilpha.. forever remembered
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
That's really sad, man - I'm sorry.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
@Blackthorne
yea, tis.. but she was die hard, writing until the ripe ole age of 85 and prolly still working on something else,
but we had the producer lined up,
and she was going to have her agent (grandchild) start a KS for the movie as well as the game,
someone already did concept art for the movie, even story boards, its how far along that was.

and the new game already had most scenes rendered on the fundamental level, no detail no characters no dialog..etc.But a few key shots were fully rendered to show her how awesome it was going to look, just the geometry of the trees and houses in the trees.. kinda had a myst/riven vibe
only you would fly from tree to tree

grrr
87 years young, man .. seems you have to be mean to live longer than about that.
as lewis black said
"next time a kid is playing on your lawn, go yell at him, it will be like taking a vitamin! "

yea.. its out of context that joke, but going on the basis that the mean old farts live to be 110 and never die even if ya wish they just would
grr

I suggest the egypt books and the greensky (the one with Below the root in it)

one of those hand drawn then rendered images from below the root, the new game,
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"