Author Topic: Hollywood Sci-Fi Museum  (Read 3731 times)

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
Hollywood Sci-Fi Museum
« on: May 10, 2014, 09:10:30 PM »
So, yeah. Back this because this needs to happen. It's the same group that saved the Enterprise D bridge a while back. They have big plans....plans too awesome to fail.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/newstarship/hollywood-sci-fi-science-fiction-museum

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Hollywood Sci-Fi Museum
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 10:28:21 PM »
I've gotta be honest here, it looks like an awesome project but I lack trust that they'll finish it.

They say themselves in their video on this project that their previous project raised a lot of money (they asked for 20k and got 68k) but it wasn't enough to finish their project of the Next Generation Bridge. The smashed their goal 3 times over yet didn't have enough money. That's a huge warning sign to me.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 11:05:47 PM »
Building a full fledged museum that was worth the trip would take millions of dollars.  How much are they asking exactly?
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 11:40:01 PM »
I get the impression that the idea is to get enough of a start to attract corporate money.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 12:45:55 PM »
I get the impression that the idea is to get enough of a start to attract corporate money.

Do they actually say that though?  It's a bit disingenuous to suggest to the potential backers that their money will lead directly to the creation of this museum when it actually won't.  Anyone with any experience with large building projects knows that the amount they're asking for is way, WAY too little to actually get this project done.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 03:56:51 PM »
They made their funding. :) That's pretty good too, seeing as a couple days ago they were only at seventy something percent.