Author Topic: The Quest for Infamy Companion  (Read 6932 times)

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
  • Liked: 22
    • View Profile
The Quest for Infamy Companion
« on: April 14, 2020, 06:44:31 AM »
I have actually even sent an e-mail to Infamous Quests, asking about it, but have received no response. :( Maybe the message got stuck somewhere, for example landed in the spam folder.
Anyway, I wanted to ask a question about the "Quest for Infamy Companion".
It's known that there are some secret areas in "Quest for Infamy". I (again) can't find a screenshot from the one with the pool, but this is, if I remember well, a secret area too:

Just posting it as an example.
I have been unable to find these secret areas on my own. Does the "Quest for Infamy Companion" include hints on how to get there?

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Re: The Quest for Infamy Companion
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 08:56:39 AM »
I have actually even sent an e-mail to Infamous Quests, asking about it, but have received no response. :( Maybe the message got stuck somewhere, for example landed in the spam folder.
It's known that there are some secret areas in "Quest for Infamy". I (again) can't find a screenshot from the one with the pool, but this is, if I remember well, a secret area too:
I have been unable to find these secret areas on my own. Does the "Quest for Infamy Companion" include hints on how to get there?

If I recall, no.  The secret areas -- one screen for each class -- were implemented for version 1.1 / 1.2; the book mainly covers only the initial version 1.0.

• Two of the secret areas (one each for two of the classes) are located near the 'bridges to nowhere.'  One is a place that wasn't able to be entered in version 1.0.  The other requires Roehm to 'rise above' his situation.

• The third secret area (covering the final class) is located in what would be Roehm's version of heaven: a building full of lovely ladies... and it's not the Red Door.  Why, it's enough to bring a Tyr to Roehm's eye...

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 10:19:17 AM »

Yeah, it must be in the spam folder, I have issues with that on the IQ email!! The Companion doesn't have info on these areas - it actually went to print before we added these as bonus materials.  Goatmeal gave some hints, but if you want specifics, I can help too.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 06:45:53 PM »
I think I found one of the places, but there seems to be a bug.
Spoiler (hover to show)
How do I check what is my game's version? And if it's an old version - I bought the game on GOG, can I update it and if yes, then how?

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 10:26:14 PM »
I think I found one of the places, but there seems to be a bug.
Spoiler (hover to show)
How do I check what is my game's version? And if it's an old version - I bought the game on GOG, can I update it and if yes, then how?

Providing you have a version of the game that contains the secret rooms, you've got the right idea... maybe you're not at the correct bridge?  (I just checked my saved games for all three classes, and each class can access its own area.)

To echo Blackthorne's offer above, if you need further help or more specifics, just ask here.  We're always glad to help!

To check the game's version, it's in the bottom 1/3 of the initial start-up splash screen right after your click the game's start icon, but before the Prelude / New Game / Restore Game Main Menu.  Here's an example of version 1.1 (1.1.2, actually):

(And if you don't have an updated version, contact Blackthorne; he can help you get a newer one!)

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 07:53:13 AM »
I checked it, I have version 1.1. So I should have the secret areas, right?
Spoiler (hover to show)
I'm surprised that you have paid very little attention to the fact that it induces a bug: I lose access to the icon bar when attempting the action in, it seems, the right place.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 10:27:38 AM »
I checked it, I have version 1.1. So I should have the secret areas, right?
Spoiler (hover to show)
I'm surprised that you have paid very little attention to the fact that it induces a bug: I lose access to the icon bar when attempting the action in, it seems, the right place.

Well,
Spoiler (hover to show)

If you press <Escape> to bring up the Game Menu, then click "Play" to return to game play, your Menu Bar should be restored.  (I just tried this several times, and it worked each time.)

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2020, 12:23:26 PM »
Ouch, so I guess it's time for another replay and not just peeking into the game!... Since magical classes are my favourite anyway (so I'll save the Sorcerer for last), I'll ask: could you please provide me with some hints about the other classes as to what are the additional requirements?
I have actually found "Item #1" before, I just didn't realise what it's used for. Now I think I know what you mean. If there are other extra actions for the other classes, please provide me with some hints.
I suppose that
Spoiler (hover to show)
I have no experience with version 1.0 of the game, so I have no idea which rooms weren't accessible then.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2020, 02:34:51 PM »
I suppose that
Spoiler (hover to show)
I have no experience with version 1.0 of the game, so I have no idea which rooms weren't accessible then.

You are correct for the Brigand.  And that means the third class must follow my second hint:

• The third secret area (covering the final class) is located in what would be Roehm's version of heaven: a building full of lovely ladies... and it's not the Red Door.  Why, it's enough to bring a Tyr to Roehm's eye...

Both of these classes, Brigand and Rogue, are rather straightforward: as long as you have the necessary item and/or equipment (and the requisite skill level to use said equipment), you should have no problem getting into these secret areas.

Spoiler (hover to show)

However, you may find that once you are _in_ those areas, you will need to ensure that your skills are high enough to pilfer any of the goodies found within...

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 05:22:44 PM »
I'm quite sure that I know what place you mean. I'll just have to figure out how exactly to get inside.
Thanks a lot anyway.

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 03:33:31 PM »
Update: now I got a little doubt because, when playing as a Rogue, I realised that it's possible to get inside the
Spoiler (hover to show)
So maybe, before, I didn't look in the right place? Any other hints?
Spoiler (hover to show)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2020, 04:19:43 PM »
Update: now I got a little doubt because, when playing as a Rogue, I realised that it's possible to get inside the
Spoiler (hover to show)
So maybe, before, I didn't look in the right place? Any other hints?
Spoiler (hover to show)

Hmmm...

Spoiler (hover to show)

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2020, 04:29:41 PM »
I also need a bit more help with the Rogue secret area.
Spoiler (hover to show)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2020, 06:10:25 PM »
I also need a bit more help with the Rogue secret area.
Spoiler (hover to show)

Spoiler (hover to show)

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2020, 06:19:18 PM »
I found it, but there's a little embarassing thing: I don't know how to exit the room...
Oh well, at least I have a screenshot.
By the way, I've noticed a little glitch: if you go to the very bottom of the screen, you can see the corner of the pool over Roehm's silhouette.