Author Topic: Simply the Best Achievement  (Read 3783 times)

HeroOfHappiness

Simply the Best Achievement
« on: February 26, 2016, 04:26:36 PM »
Hey everyone. I know I'm a bit late to the party, but, firstly, great job on the game! I've been thoroughly enjoying it so far. (Finished my first playthrough as a brigand and started my secod playthrough as a sorcerer.)

As the title says, I'm a bit confused abouth this particular achievement. By now, I'm wondering if I'm just blind, and missing something completely obvious, because I'm fairly certain I killed everything there is to kill.

So far I have:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Does it matter where I kill enemies? (e.g. If I kill a spectre in the north woods, will I have to kill one in the south woods as well?)

Do the brigands from Act III count (as the achievement says "monsters")?

Am I missing something, or am I just unlucky and the achievement doesn't unlock for me?

Thanks in advance for any help, cheers!

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Simply the Best Achievement
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 08:30:05 PM »
Great question, I had to actually look at the source to get a definitive answer for you!

Rutiki
Brute
Wight
Town Guard Red
Town Guard Green
Mooroi
Jaguar
Wolf
Snake
Swamp Rutiki
Skeleton
Bear
Spider
Spectre
Highwayman
Dwarf

It doesn't matter where they are, so any location is fine. And yeah, monster is more a generic term, it's the 16 random enemies in the game. Looking at your list, I think you've missed the highwaymen in the south woods. (White and green clothed humanoids.)
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

HeroOfHappiness

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 05:01:05 AM »
Thank you so much for the quick reply! It really speaks for itself that, even years after the game's release, you are still so active around here. :)

I'm gonna boot the game up right now and see if I can get it to work.

Looking forward to any future projects from you guys!

Edit:

It worked, thanks :D

cassandra581

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 01:22:21 AM »
Are there any other specific requirements for getting this achievement?  I have played through this game on at least 4 different computers as each of the different classes.  I have meticulously kept track of which creatures I've killed and even made sure to kill each type more than once.  As I've tried various systems, I'm assuming it's not some sort of hardware conflict that causes it.  I was very excited when the 2.0 beta came out hoping that it would make the bugged achievements finally obtainable.  The clock watcher achievement was finally no longer bugged, but I believe this one still is unless there's something else that needs to happen in order for this to trigger besides just killing each of the creatures on the list.  Does it only count if you've never lost a battle?  Is it only available for certain classes?  Are you sure that you don't have to kill, for example, a spider in the mine as well as in the south forest?  I love QFI, but this missing achievement is driving me crazy and I don't want to resort to some sort of hack just to get it.