Author Topic: Registered just to extend my gratitude  (Read 5764 times)

Curunir

Registered just to extend my gratitude
« on: August 14, 2014, 03:32:44 AM »
Thank you for making Quest for Infamy, guys!

I just registered here to personally say "Thank you!" Quest for Glory 1 was my favorite game on my first DOS computer, so this is pretty much a dream come true.

I haven't played it properly yet as we had a baby not two months ago so things are still pretty hectic but I intend to spend some quality time with it around Christmas. Regardless, watching gameplay footage and looking at screens... I have spent enough time playing adventure games to be able to recognize greatness when I see it.

Once more, thank you, you rock! And rock on!  ;D

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Registered just to extend my gratitude
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 05:06:58 PM »
you ... rock!
keep rockin!

hehe fans like this who needs anyone else eh eh
this is a mini family
as far as i can see not even 1 fight broken out on this site, jebus thats awesome
all good people allllll
yep even misanthropic kal here
:P

welcome and ty for showing support! I love em toooooo
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 07:32:02 PM »
Sir, thank you! I wish you and your new family all the best, and I hope come Christmas time, you have some good old fashioned fun with this game!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 02:17:43 AM »
Babies certainly take a lot of your free time away! I've got two under 3 years here, it's a miracle that the game was even finished! Glad you're enjoying it!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 02:21:56 AM »
oh ouch ya that age haha
gets bad

boy or girl mates?

I had a girl in 2001, she is almost in HS now ahhhhh
single dad with a girl growin to a woman, im doneeeeee for
it only gets worse with girls esp in this tech era!
kudos klytos on being able to make such awesome stuff with prolly very little if any sleep!

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 02:51:20 AM »
Two boys, the oldest is 2 1/2, the youngest is about 9 months.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 03:06:53 AM »
dammmnnn
how did you work! at all

I was in college and working most time at intel and rest at epitaph records in 2000 had my kid in 2001
so ahhh
all it was   wake , without much sleep, shower shit shave eat   WORK  WORK, school , WORK eat shower bed wake repeat

ahhh
lol kudos again

and I dont really want to comment on the double edged sword that are kids
my girl loves me but well, loves her ipod and iphone and friends and BOYS far more, rarely do I get time with her but I suppose thats life,

:(

single dad tho, sucks with a girl... bad
no female in her life no grandma no one to talk to about.. ahem issues or monthly etc ahh

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 12:12:24 PM »
Shit, you worked at Epitaph?  That shit is legendary, man. Bad Religion, NoFX, The Offspring, to name only a few.  I'm not, by any means, a SoCal Punker but a lot of my friends in college were (or wannabes, hahah), and Epitaph was the shit!  Bet that was an interesting gig.

Bt

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 12:51:52 PM »
urmm
yeaaa

BT!! I worked for epitaph records since 1993  was a huge bad religion nut bar, fan...
followed em around since 91,  then they just became friends with me. Still are.
The entire BR crew, minus now greg hetson who had to quit due to divorce issues

but yea I worked for them, ive said this in a few posts , many many bands and warped tours
and we did the "romps"  25 shows in 30 days in just socal  our all access GOD passes my ex wife and mine say 1980-2010 VIP
then I have passes for each show lol loads of tickets paid for hotels etc
most was in HOB disney or HOB sunset or HOB san diego and a few in vegas and lakeforest skate comps

photos, discos, smoking pot with the bassist and his dad AT the show, security swarmed in.. only to grab hits not to bounce us out

jay and i  (bassist) are really great friends, its where I was when I showed that picture of me and kat von d.. we all know  BR so jay took my ex wife and I to kats house, for a pwwaarty

once you rub elbows in la.. well..
you dont stop,  wee man johnny etc
andy dick, odd people
dick dale, jett, loads n loads of bands I love that no one knows like KILLOLA or Franki doll and the broken toys

oh yes my friend, started off as just a nutbar fan, ended up getting hired to do websites and tour management (finding venues getting food and ice and girdles etc) photos LOTS of em, got paid really well for those..
and lived cream dreams
many o cream dreams... until, well, my ex divorce, and that my friend,
ahh
cant comment much other than when she left she took out all my social media claiming I kidnapped our kid etc ( I won in court   there are no winners in family court but when an ex is on meth selling herself out for money on craigs list an other sites you get that GIRL as far away from her mom as you can)

annyway yep
I dont work for them anymore but im still offered on world tours with BR and most of the old epi bands
new age epitaph is kinda blowing these days  but brett is gearing towards gaming, odd enough..

lol
4k pictures per SHOW, 25-26 shows per 30 days  then warped tours and ahh
ohh yea man  fun times for sure,
even took my kid on tour for a while there .. she loved it
oh and fat mike n i used to hang out down there at the parkside cafe' in sf, nice tiny place and venue
smelly is great..  ahem oops

so yea loads n loads of cream dream stories

but folks from fan to working for them, oh yea.. and friends with them personally been to each house of everyone and had sleepovers .. dinners the works,
odd but you dont ask for autographs after about the 3rd time, or photo ops, they just offer
idk i really miss that life style,
though it was draining to say the least
oh and seeing your fav band, pull off girdles and fake teeth, just makes em feel like people not idols,
I have no real idols.. just influences
"all of my idols are dead"

whoop and ty for knowing who epitaph is! not many really do

BR ftw!
worked with epi back in the day I still have the poster and STUB
guess who was on the bill? for just 5$  opening bands   
NO DOUBT  (early years before tragic kingdom)
Green Day (before dookie yes before dookie)
NOFX (the early coked out years as fat mike would say "we did enough coke to cover that side of the mountain")
and
Bad religion
all just 5$ total

WTF!
yaya! seriously

oh man loads of stories

ty for bringing up that memory bucket! made me smile then get sad.. but TY :P I do love what I did for and with them,  good mates on planes n buses making fart jokes then having to act professional in front of fans as we (my ex and I) got to go where the bouncers are with out vid and photo cams
people just asked HOW did you GET UP FRONT !!!

time and loads of work  "cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"
oh and it helps if you are a hot chick I said..

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 01:20:33 PM »
ahh my posts are always tooo long, such is the life of a promoter lol

as for the green day/no doubt/br show... bt .. that was in SF CA
at THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL :P

then at slims later down the road
im even mates with firehouse (they have done ALL MAJOR posters for the warfield etc down there since the late 60's!)

oh ty for bringing this up im calling jay b today when he gets up from his canadian paradise
(he lives in BC his wife, natalia fab  lives in LA  an ex hooker from the street turned artist who now gets hookers off the street and gets them to paint and sells the great stuff ooo yeaa baby)

oh as for the joan jett pat b that was just one tour with the donnas (my friends) all these people ROCK in real life, down to earth.. haha
oh ty
floods of great memories ive kept hidden due to pain it can cause,  I thank ya! again not many people even have heard of epitaph records.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 03:23:52 PM »
Are you kidding? Epitaph is huge.  The bands there are legendary.  Thanks for sharing the stories; sorry to bring up anything painful, though.  I hope new Epitaph can keep at least some of that old spirit around.  I mean, Social Distortion is on the label now, right?  I was listening to some of that earlier.  I'm a fluke; in some circles of my friends, they're all about progressive rock and jam-band stuff and they look down and punk, ska, or whatever, and some Punkers hated that Progressive/Jam shit.... I was into all of it, as was my buddy Greg.  He used to drum in several bands I played in - we'd do the longer, progressive jams shit, but inbetween songs, he and I would jam NOFX tunes and shit, hahaha

Bt

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 04:17:24 PM »
you might be surprised how many times I mentioned epitaph over the years only to have to name bands until I get to RANCID .. then people go oh yea i know that band..
not L7  not BR  wtf..
ALSO working for epi also means ANTI and HELLCAT
one of my favs on hellcat  horrorpops  she love me and she huuge
drop kick, tiger army etc..
still I miss OLD WARPED  ( and we call it INDIE now not punk..) but 1998 warped was 90% ska, it was awesome, cherry poppin daddies, save ferris, less than jake oh yea baby I been around the block
warped.. btw is FUCKIN HARD WORK LET ME TELL YOU..

anyway

yea social d signed urmm like 2010 or something, id have to google it..
and then there was the break up of pennywise which I cant say much on, not epi related .. just I know to  much.. personal shit about the bands
but now back together,
again its how I met dick dale touring .. agent orange etc Brent Liles if you know who that is.. annnyway

still by far some of the best shows ive gone to.. were Killola or no name bands like franki doll and the broken toys, and yes even tenacious d, more theatrical,
but BR.. hold my heart, though I have refused my vip tickets now since 2011 end of..
idk I just see .. my ex to the left of me .. I did go to one show and kept telling her to do stuff, and she wasnt there! not fun, .. crying trying to do a job sooo

but time has passed..
my kid oh damn has grown  like I said 14.. ahh single dad.. run run run

jay said he would take care of it.. lol whats he got to lose he will just go back to orange julias in the mall :P