Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 15166 times)

daventry

• Recruit
  • Liked: 17
    • View Profile
Greetings
« on: November 02, 2014, 12:27:05 PM »
Hello guys, its me Daventry from the Old Infamous Adventures Website, hence that Site is Buggy with a Constant Registration Window popping up.

Im still loving your KQ3VGA though. Will there be a 3.0 and what were the Updates so to speak, hence why was it Cancelled.

Does your KQ3VGA Game not have a Setup Package, i mean it seems you just Download the Game and start Playing

Im still lurking at Phoenix Studios, hence AGDI is quite Dead witch is sad.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 04:07:26 PM »
ello matey

welcome to the infamous quest boarrrrrddd

:)
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 06:33:25 PM »
Hey Daventry!  Good to see you, sir.

Yeah, we won't be doing any updates to the Infamous Adventures games in the future; the versions that are out there are the only ones that will be available.

Yeah, it's kind of a shame the old forums we used to visit are all but dead. AGDI/Tierra's forums were a home to many of us for years.  I have a lot of good memories of those places and the people who posted there.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 03:03:48 PM »
Facebook et al have devastated so many forums. There are only a couple of forums from the Sierra communities that are still active and even those see less that they had at one time. Pity, since it far easier to have a real discussion on a proper forum.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 03:22:54 PM »
Even the facebook pages aren't very active.  There really is a lost sense of community, in my opinion.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 03:47:29 PM »
The 3.0 version of KQ3 would have had all new backgrounds and most of the sprites overhauled as well as a more "Freddy Pharkas" style of spell creation. But the days of free remakes are past now unfortunately, I think the effort people put into something like that should be rewarded and I wouldn't do another remake unless I was given a good budget to do it.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 05:40:11 PM »
ooo i dont believe i have the 3.0
is that the one hosted on the old site?

one i have has no speech
the other has speech but didnt have that spell interface as you said  hmm

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 06:04:07 PM »
ooo i dont believe i have the 3.0
is that the one hosted on the old site?

one i have has no speech
the other has speech but didnt have that spell interface as you said  hmm

No one has 3.0 -- that's the point Klytos is making.

KQ3VGA 3.0 was going to be the "Gold" version, with updated graphics, different spell interface, etc., but it was cancelled in July 27, 2012, along with the "Gold" version of Space Quest 2 VGA and the original game "King's Quest: Kingdom of Sorrow"...

Why?  Because Infamous Adventures just completed their HIGHLY successful Kickstarter for Quest For Infamy.  IA (the fan group remaking old games for free) was now the past; the commercial en-devour of Infamous Quests (IQ) is the future: new games with wholly original Intellectual Properties -- no more skirting potential lawsuits and/or cease-and-desists while remaking games without permission... plus, you get paid for your work!

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 07:14:15 PM »
haha oh I see!

and darned!

btw not that its IQS but i just got done playing "the last door" and loved it!
hehe

also I noticed there is POS studios and POP publishing.
Didnt know it was 2 separate entities

and I just cant wait for the patch and next.. ahem .. project as seen at the end of QFI muhhahahaa
dream a little dream ooooooo

:P

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 08:08:47 PM »
The 3.0 version of KQ3 would have had all new backgrounds and most of the sprites overhauled as well as a more "Freddy Pharkas" style of spell creation. But the days of free remakes are past now unfortunately, I think the effort people put into something like that should be rewarded and I wouldn't do another remake unless I was given a good budget to do it.

Regrettable, but perfectly understandable. Sometimes people don't realize the amount of work that go into many of the free projects the they feel they are entitled to have.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 08:42:38 PM »
Yeah, unfortunately - we just don't have the free time we did when we were students.  Making QFI took up all our spare time, and at least for that we could sell the work.

Bt

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »
Entitled. What a well used word there Collector.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 04:02:06 AM »
Hi.  5 years ago or so I found Infamous Adventures quite by accident while searching for old sierra games.  I down-loaded KQ3 remake and enjoyed it very much.  Then i patiently awaited the Space Quest Remake.  I have been a fan ever since.  Frankly i would have paid  5, 10, 20 dollars for those remakes.  Too many people  think everything should be free or like 5 bucks.  Those people as said above dont know the time and effort and money put into making "free" games.

Here is an example of the above:  When I was a kid I had to do chores around my house.  For the work i was paid 20 bucks a week.  The money I earned I appreciated more than if my folks just gave me money.  So in comparison, all the "It should be free" people want the games with no effort put in by themselves.  Sure i would have liked to have got QFI for free, but I Still Appreciate all the time and effort it took to make the game. So the money i donated and then spent to purchase another copy of it, hopefully will contribute to it's sequel being made. :)
**********Chadly*********************

daventry

• Recruit
  • Liked: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 04:39:42 AM »
Hey Daventry!  Good to see you, sir.

Yeah, we won't be doing any updates to the Infamous Adventures games in the future; the versions that are out there are the only ones that will be available.

Yeah, it's kind of a shame the old forums we used to visit are all but dead. AGDI/Tierra's forums were a home to many of us for years.  I have a lot of good memories of those places and the people who posted there.

Bt
There are still a few Bugs here and there, but i shall live with it. :)

I prefer the Version you guys made, since ive played the KQ3VGA by AGDI and even though it was Awesome, i Hated the Father thing they've added from KQ2VGA aswell in witch i loved aswell.

Sure KQ2VGA was Extended with a Town and a Backstory to some Characters witch was Fantastic, but i rather prefer sticking with the Original or not minding some Extended stuff without Bogus Characters that makes No sense if he wasent even in the rest of the KQ Series. Cna you imagine KQ4VGA while trying to worm him in somehow.

You guys know about http://unicorntales.org/kq4-perilsofrosella-remake/ Sadly they are on hold, because thye are looking for character sprites and animations, hence those guys are Sticking to the Original as possible with a minor few tweaks thats quite fun.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaUYpeDWB24" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaUYpeDWB24</a>

Oh and on the terms of Buying and whats Free, i completely understand the work you guys do, but sadly you cant make Profit on the Remakes of the Official Sierra Games People are making in witch i would Buy in a heart beat.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 06:55:49 AM »
There's been movement towards remaking KQ4 by a number of groups over the many years I've been in this community. If they're stuck looking for animators and sprite artists I'd be fairly confident in saying it won't be finished. Backgrounds are pretty easy to make, don't get me wrong, you need to be talented and a lot of work goes into a background but sprites are boring and repetitive and a lot of people will do a basic animation cycle and realise the work involved and not continue. For example, the basic walk sprites for Roehm in QFI is 8 directions at 8 frames a direction (64 sprites) then multiply that out by three for sneak and run you're at just shy of 200 frames of animation and that doesn't include any specific sprites (death animations, climbing down a rope, falling over, picking up something.)