Author Topic: Torment  (Read 6252 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Torment
« on: March 06, 2013, 03:27:15 PM »
Holy. Crap! 

Torment made it's goal of $900,000 in SIX hours!   Hot damn!

Heh - wow. That is seriously amazing. 

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
Re: Torment
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 04:23:23 PM »
Gee between that and wasteland their studio must LOVE kickstarter

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 04:33:02 PM »
Seriously.  I hope these guys deliver the goods and we get some great games, cause it'll look better for all of us who used Kickstarter!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 04:56:22 PM »
Yeah, RPG fans have been having as much fun as us adventure fans have. Good on them!

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 05:26:22 PM »
I just wish we had their NUMBERS.  Man!!!

Bt

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 05:38:21 PM »
The concept artists they have onboard, ooh boy!  They're gonna make something really beautiful besides anything else :)
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 05:43:16 PM »
Yeah, their concept art is really nice!  Planescape: Torment was immensely popular, so I can see why this is so crazy.

Bt

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 06:36:15 PM »
It's insane!  I'm in for one of the all-digitial tiers, but having never played the first Torment game I just have to know why it funded so quickly.  Good thing I picked it up cheap on GoG during a sale.   ???
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

KuroShiro

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 08:23:53 PM »
It's insane!  I'm in for one of the all-digitial tiers, but having never played the first Torment game I just have to know why it funded so quickly.  Good thing I picked it up cheap on GoG during a sale.   ???
You should, you really should. It's not the greatest *game* perhaps -- the combat mechanics are dull, and the quests are mostly of the fedex variety -- but it's possibly the best example of storytelling ever in the video game medium.

thehawk

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 12:32:45 AM »

The game mechanics are nothing spectacular, although they are very easy to work with- the same as Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.  But the story is fantastic, and is overall one of my all-time favorites.

It starts off with you waking up from having been dead, and gets better from there, including the now-infamous question "What can change the nature of a man".  The characters you meet along the way are also among my most favorite of any I've met while traveling in the Otherworlds.
What the hell would you want a bird's nest for?  To wear as a hat?

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 727
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 02:18:42 AM »
Yeah, RPG fans have been having as much fun as us adventure fans have. Good on them!
Good thing I'm fan of both genres ;)
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests".

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 03:02:54 AM »
... but it's possibly the best example of storytelling ever in the video game medium.

And some of the best "rewards" for going off the beaten path.  Exploration and discovery of side areas and minutiae really fill it out, making it feel vastly rich and deep.
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

snabbott

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 11:36:26 AM »
And now they're at double their goal! :o They have 7 backers at the $10K level.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 04:54:48 PM »
I installed Planescape: Torment last night and I'll give her a try later.  Should be fun.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."