Author Topic: Quest for Infamy demo 2.0 - NOW AVAILABLE  (Read 22237 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
Re: Quest for Infamy demo 2.0 - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 09:22:44 PM »
http://www.agdinteractive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15710

Also, not quite certain, but this game may have a speed bug similar to QFG2 VGA.  I've seen speed move randomly from turtle to "guy on drugs" in the the 1st demo while demo 2 has just remained turtle. (well, not "turtle", move like average)

Also, bug- when the blacksmith walks on the screen, there are sound effects.

Coming back to him, the sound effects are a bit off and randomish.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »
I was about to say it's a bug, but QFG2 does the same with with water elemental + raseir fountain basically "good idea but try it later".

I won't say what it is, want to see if anyone else can find out. ;)

One buggy thing though, is the amount of hatred the PC has for Rayford before even meeting him. (that is, being able to smash in his house)  It might make more sense later in the game than beforehand, or at least it shouldn't occur until after they've met.

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 06:10:34 AM »
Cool!

One last thing I'll add, I don't know if this is planned or not, but it'd be nice if the main character had some kind of armor, and a way to measure his attack/defense level.  It seems odd he'd fight without even a leather tunic.

Also, some kind of weight carrying system would be nice too.  As for buying stuff in the game, I don't know if buying fancy rare items in investing in special business ventures (thief hideout?  New Brigand gear?  WHOREHOUSE?!) would work best, but it'd be pretty cool!

Hah, that was actually one of the things that annoyed me about QFG, the dang weight limit... ;)

I'm really loving all the beautiful screens in the new demo...I admit, at first I was a bit sad that not much more of the storyline or gameplay was revealed.  But I get it.  This is a demo, and actually shows a pretty generous amount of the land & town area and of all the characters.  The music is pure genius...perfectly sets the tone of gameplay.  I know the final game will be amazing, no question. 

Keep up the great work you guys...

Fumanchu

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 11:16:30 AM »
First of all, congratulations to everyone on the team, the demo looks really good. I haven't backed the project yet because I found out about it today, but I intend to do so.

Now for my 'bug report', I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but when I am changing screens and the music doesn't switch to another theme, it loops 2-3 times while the new screen is loading. It happens every time while walking around town for example.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 11:53:52 AM »
First of all, congratulations to everyone on the team, the demo looks really good. I haven't backed the project yet because I found out about it today, but I intend to do so.

Now for my 'bug report', I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but when I am changing screens and the music doesn't switch to another theme, it loops 2-3 times while the new screen is loading. It happens every time while walking around town for example.

Thanks for playing, and taking the time to help out here!

If you could tell us what system you're running the game on, it'd help us to replicate and nail down the problem.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Fumanchu

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 12:23:06 PM »
Intel i7 Q720
Win 7 64bit home premium, service pack 1

If you need any more system info and/or video demonstrating the music loop let me know

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 12:36:12 PM »
Yeah, if you can capture the video, that would really help!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 12:39:35 PM »
The music looping could be an ags bug and not a bug in the game itself.   The video would definately help!  I have seen the exact same issue in other ags games on my computer.  I will look into it and see if we can either find an issue in the game or a work around for it.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Fumanchu

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 07:26:44 PM »
Is there a way to run the demo on windowed mode? Can't find how to record it with fraps otherwise. Please PM me so as not to spam the thread too much.

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 08:30:06 PM »
No way is that spam!  More Let's Plays & fraps, dude!  Spreading the word is the best thing us fans can do.

Even if it's for reporting a bug, in this case  ;)

In your "acsetup.cfg" file, change "windowed=0" to "windowed=1".  There is a Windows setup utility in the game directory also, but I don't know how it works (I'm a Linux dude).
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Jerminator

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »
Run the setup file before starting the game. There is a option to either run in windowed mode or full screen there. Just check or un check it accordingly!

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 08:55:54 PM »
The problem with running the start-up file is that it looks for "QFI_DEMO.exe" while the exe is named "QFI_DEMO2.exe"

You have to rename "QFI_DEMO2.exe" to just "QFI_DEMO.exe" to get setup to work.  It's a little bug we overlooked....

Bt

Fumanchu

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 10:55:50 PM »
Here's a video with the sound problem:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_36as3C0EE4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=_36as3C0EE4</a>

Some things I noticed; I recorded this video using the Hq3x filter and it took a tiny bit more time to
load the next screen, so the sound loop lasted a bit longer. Sometimes it is almost unnoticeable (0-1 loop).
Also if a crow happens to squeak when I'm changing screens then the squeak will loop along with the music tune.

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 11:12:54 PM »
I had this glitch before but it turned out my pc was busy in the background doing a windows backup. make sure your computer isn't doing anything big diskwise in the background.  backup or defrag windows updates etc
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Fumanchu

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 09:12:32 AM »
I wasn't running anything else on the background. But playing a little with the install settings, the problem seems to disappear after switching from DirectDraw to D3D!