Author Topic: Forum Activity  (Read 19824 times)

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
Forum Activity
« on: February 03, 2013, 09:47:15 PM »
Not sure why, but as I was sitting here working on the game, I started to think about how before I joined IQ (well, IA at the time) how I started out as just a lurker on the forums.  I would check the forums daily looking for updates on Project X or SQ2.  Many times I felt as though it seemed like nothing was happening on the games and that the forums were totally dead. 

I joined on at IA as a tester for SQ2 about a year and a half before its release.  Upon joining on I was given access to the testing forums and all of a sudden the forums began to appear more active.  Not a whole lot more, but I could see things were going on.

I was later promoted to lead tester and joined on as a full member of the team thus gaining access to the team forums as well.  I was now able to see years of posts that had been made that documented the history of much of the work that has been done over the years.

Recently, I went to the IQ forums on my iPad and I was not logged on to the forums automatically as I am on my PC.  When I did this I was like, wow, no new posts in about a week.  Then I logged on and there was plenty for me to catch up on.  It's all about perspective.

Long story short, if you are looking for updates and you are not seeing much activity, things are happening.  Steve is great at keeping you up to date, but you can't know how much is really moving. The team is very active and we are working hard to get this game to you.  So if you are like I was before, checking for updates regularly, keeping checking back.  If you post something, you will get a reply from team members.  We are here, just more often than not, we are working behind the scenes on the private forums.

Thanks everyone for your support on the game.  I feel extremely lucky to play a part in its development.

-chucklas
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Forum Activity
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 12:27:03 AM »
Nice post, Chuck.  :)  My humble beginnings at IA started in much the same way.  Lurked on the boards since before the release of KQ3VGA, posted periodically after its release, and also lurked and posted periodically on the AGDI boards.  In fact, if I remember correctly, my very first post on the IA forums was actually to complain about some of the design decisions on KQ3VGA!!  Eventually, probably a couple years later, I posted some artwork in a thread on the AGDI boards and Bt sent me a PM asking if I'd be interested in doing some stuff for IA.  And the rest is history.  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

madrossco

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 01:25:30 AM »
It is interesting you have pointed this out Chucklas. Being on the project x team I was able to see all the other work being done on other projects and it seemed like heaps was being done all the time. Since IQ has started and QFI is the main project right now and project x has taken a backstep, It has been different not to see what has been going on because project x members are not currently on the production team. It's definitely something I took for granted but the bonus is I will be more blown away when QFI does come out.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 01:06:04 PM »
So, what you're saying is that in order to combat the lack of regular forum activity, BT simply needs to give everyone access to all of the development forums?...   ???

Sounds good to me!   ;D

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 01:15:19 PM »
Yes, if you wanted to know what is really going on, that would do it.  I just know from the outside perspective that it can be frustrating at times waiting to hear what is happening.  I just wanted to provide some insight.

For example, on the team fourms today there have been probably close to 20 or so posts...maybe even more.  Stuff is happening.  Every single day. 
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Lupin

• Lackey
  • Liked: 1
  • Magic Knight and Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 01:23:09 PM »
So, what you're saying is that in order to combat the lack of regular forum activity, BT simply needs to give everyone access to all of the development forums?...   ???

Sounds good to me!   ;D

Well according to the new update, we should be getting access to the backers forums this week :D

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 01:52:42 PM »
Was it ever said what Project X was about?  (I'm assuming not since it's still being called that...)

You make a really good point Chucklas...I can only imagine the kind of work that goes into making a large game of this caliber, and it will be really awesome to be able to see some of the behind-the-scenes work on it once the backer forums open up.

So for now I'll just patiently await the "big announcement" that's coming today... :)

Sarah

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 01:53:36 PM »
Yes sirs!

Yeah - really - a lot of activity behind the scenes here.  But Chuck is right - pretty much if you post on this forum, I will reply and talk to you.  If you send me an email, PM... I'll talk to you.  I'm very big on interaction with the people who play and love our games.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 01:57:14 PM »
Yes - Project X was revealed to be "King's Quest: Kingdom Of Sorrow", though we had to put that one away, due to copyright/licensing rights.

You know, I may as well say something here - what was Kingdom of Sorrow will return in another form.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

SarahLiz

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 02:06:27 PM »
Oh!  Ok, I do remember hearing about KOS, it's all coming back to me...and I am thrilled you guys are still going to make it into some kind of a game!!  That's really great news.   :D

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 02:07:19 PM »
Shhhhhh.  It's a secret.

Bt

SarahLiz

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 02:15:29 PM »
 :-X  Gotcha.

Lupin

• Lackey
  • Liked: 1
  • Magic Knight and Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 02:42:59 PM »
Shhhhhh.  It's a secret.

Bt

*makes a zipped mouth gesture*

You can rely on us BT ;)

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »
Shhhhhh.  It's a secret.

Bt

I heard nothing.  I seened nothing.  I know nothing.   :-X

And I look forward to playing Demo2.0 and getting in on the backers forums (including the Lonarian Guard section).  Friday won't get here soon enough.  :D
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 04:31:16 PM »
Is it too late to get in on that?