Author Topic: A Lament for Adventure Games  (Read 6 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2776
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
A Lament for Adventure Games
« on: August 19, 2019, 10:44:08 PM »
I'm going to lament the state of adventure games.  I know there's always some activity, but in my world... it feels dead.

We were carrying the torch for a while, but even most of the folks who used to frequent here don't any more. And I mean enthusiasts/gamers as well as team members of IQ.  Most of us have moved on.

I'll finish the games we have now, but man... I don't see much of a future here at all.  But it was a lot of fun for many years.  We did good things. Met good people. Had a great time.

Just admitting to myself that a thing I liked is pretty much over.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1697
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: A Lament for Adventure Games
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:35:36 AM »
I think the reality is that a certain type of adventure games are still made and quite successful as far as a niche market goes, but everything else is dead. If it's not post-apocalyptic / anghst filled drama, it doesn't sell. This isn't a slight at those producers, they make some great games, but there's very little variety in the genre anymore. We're not dead though Steve, at least you and I will still make games until we're both dead. I firmly believe that.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."