Author Topic: Hero U  (Read 1458 times)

Adventuress

• Recruit
  • Liked: 23
  • Swampling: Sit! Eat up your stew!
    • View Profile
Re: Hero U
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2018, 02:11:24 PM »
Moebius was a great game... and the GK redo as well.  I wish someone would re-do GK2 (and I suppose GK3 as well), but especially GK2 as I'm not a fan of FMV.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 02:16:39 PM by Adventuress »

shoptroll

• Lackey
  • Liked: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2018, 08:50:57 PM »
I wouldn't say Reloaded was a success considering it was released to fairly non-plussed reviews, none of the people who worked on it got more than a single cheque for royalties, and the whole company disappeared afterwards with another group obviously claiming the rights to make a new one.

Agreed.  Reloaded really would've benefited tremendously from 2x the budget.  As it existed I'm not 100% sure it was an improvement even over the VGA remake unless you really have a thing for games in a modern resolution.

Hearing that people didn't get paid much in the way of royalties is depressing/angering.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 160
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 11:35:19 PM »
Hero U  is a great game. No it's not QFG. like so many wanted (me included). But it stands on its own. I suppoerted the KS, like others.  Sure it has faults and glitches, but here is what gets me: Over on the KS page for Hero U, there is a person who donated thousands of dollars bitching about rewards, and tearing the game, the Coles, and anyone who likes/supports the game. I mean this dude writes long bloviated posts about Corey Cole with pure meaness. Shit man if I gave that kind of money I'd ask for a refund. He has also wrote shitty things about me for just supporting the game. Ok, you don't like a game, or views of the Creator thats fine, but actively writing libel is Bullshit. Hell i even agree with some of what this asshole says about the game. It' just a game meant to be fun!   :) 8)  Chadly
**********Chadly*********************

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 02:45:36 PM »
I just greatly regret that it will be 3D. For me 3D is a huge step backwards in terms of beauty when compared to "hand-painted" graphics (as in, for example, "Quest for Infamy").