Author Topic: Quest For Infamy - Available on Steam  (Read 7303 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Quest For Infamy - Available on Steam
« on: November 13, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »

Hello friends! I have some great news for you!

Quest for Infamy has been accepted and will be available on Steam, day and date of the game's launch!

That's right! ON STEAM!
What does this mean?

Well, for all of you backers - it means you can also get your copy of Quest For Infamy from Steam! All backers who request them will receive Steam Keys for Quest For Infamy when it is released and becomes available for download.

We're very excited about this development, as Steam is the largest gaming platform out there, which means many more people will be able to see and play our game!

MORE INFO HERE - CLICK ME

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
Re: Quest For Infamy - Available on Steam
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 01:34:48 PM »
Congratulations!  You guys deserve it.  I'll happily be grabbing a Steam code when it releases.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 03:45:58 PM »
Sweeeeet!! That's awesome, guys!

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 11:59:43 PM »
Really stoked that you guys got on to steam, that is fantastic. A little bit disappointed that we won't have the finished product before Christmas. I totally understand that it is still largely made in volunteer time and quality must take priority to speed. Just felt this delay could have been communicated when the mooted q3 release time came and went. Still I am sure the wait will be worth it

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1039
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 12:52:13 AM »
I think in general, game development tends to always stretch out longer than anticipated. In my opinion, the delay will definitely be worth it, as otherwise you'll be getting something which is less enjoyable. I've done some preliminary testing and discussed various plot points with Bt, and the additional details he has added so far really help to keep the story moving and keep you engaged.

And yes, most of us are doing this in our spare time, and some of us have more spare time than others. But progress in terms of sheer volume of resources has definitely been faster than during development of KQ3 or SQ2 remakes. QFI is quite a lot bigger than these even when just talking about the art!

I will also add that with each additional piece of art, it needs to be programmed in along with additional writing. The parts of any game which are the most work are programming and animation. Programming is hard because it is all about the detail, and implementing a lot of things which people often take for granted when they play a game :).
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 10:22:05 AM »
Didn't mean to make my rant about communication the main point of my last post oops. Again let me offer massive congratulations. If all you had ever done was created free remakes you would still be heroes (dont get confused and sign up for the hero parade Shawn). To then crowd fund and make your own original game is awesome. But to get it on the biggest gaming platform in the world is simply amazing. Your story encapsulates the spirit of adventure gaming. Above all the decision of steam is further confirmation of the genres revival. The past 12 months has been massive for adventure games and this hasn happened largely due to the fan community keeping the embers burning during the barren years, IA was at the forefront of this.

asianmusicguy

• Villain
  • Liked: 16
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 11:03:06 PM »
Everyone rest assured  I have the honor of knowing BT for years personally  and no one has more heart he is quite literally putting everything he has into this I don't know how many times I Skype him and he is drowning in code trying to squash a nasty bug so us fans can have the best experience possible
This whole team is just so great.
Love you all

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

alexkidd

• Recruit
  • Liked: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 02:41:35 PM »
Congrats :D

Big step forward. I imagine this will significantly lessen the burden for exposure.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 09:12:07 PM »
Congrats :D

Big step forward. I imagine this will significantly lessen the burden for exposure.

"And you don't want us exposing ourselves!" -- Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters II (1989)