Author Topic: Quest For Infamy Kickstarter  (Read 9908 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Quest For Infamy Kickstarter
« on: February 04, 2014, 12:45:16 PM »

A fully illustrated art book and strategy guide and hint book - complete with decoder window - for Infamous Quest's "Quest For Infamy!"

THE QUEST FOR INFAMY COMPANION

I loved playing adventure games when I was young - I bet many of you did too - and now, you can play an old school adventure like you used to know with Infamous Quests upcoming release "Quest For Infamy"!

A fun thing about some of the old adventure games were the hint books - sometimes they used to be the only way to get you through a problem!  But they were also fun, too - with their decoder windows, hidden messages and red herrings!  They were awesome to get along side the games.

In addition, some game series had their own "companion books" - the books fleshed out the locations, characters and history behind the development of the games and they would also have some amazing art in there in addition to all the neat info!

Now, in the same vein of nostalgia that led us to produce Quest For Infamy, we're combining these two very special items into one book - The Quest For Infamy Companion!

Read more at Kickstarter.com
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Quest For Infamy Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 01:05:35 PM »
FYI, your initial link at the top of this post is broken.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 02:09:14 PM »
Backed as soon as I saw it went live. Looking good at nearly 60% funded in just an hour or so, too.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 12:20:46 PM »
Wow.  I'm away for a day or two and you have a fully-funded Kickstarter completed in mere hours...

Since it's already funded, I guess I don't have to contribute now.  I'll just get the PDF from one of your more <ahem> "questionable" supporters...

....which is just about all of them!   ;D

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 01:46:55 PM »
Wow you smashed that Kickstarter! I hate to be the prick that asks about release dates but my desire for the game outweighs my desire to not be a prick! I see that the book is scheduled for July and you mention you that the book will release with the game, does this mean we are now looking at July? Not too bothered if it is, just nice having a general idea of release.

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 02:59:03 PM »
I like your logic bit you'll have to wait!
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 04:05:21 PM »
We'll be able to give you more precise details later.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 04:35:54 PM »
Fair play! Again seriously well done on the KS project, while an art book is not really my bag it pleases me so much to see the community is still willing to get behind projects. I am aware it is a very small sample of the community who have contributed so far but hopefully it is a sign that some of the cynicism (which was well justified) about kick starter projects has not tainted KS as a whole and good teams with good ideas will still be able to raise funds this way. 

Am sure I will manage to flick something small towards it.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 09:56:19 AM »
Last Two Hours!!! GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT!!!!

Bt

A fully illustrated art book and strategy guide and hint book - complete with decoder window - for Infamous Quest's "Quest For Infamy!"

THE QUEST FOR INFAMY COMPANION

I loved playing adventure games when I was young - I bet many of you did too - and now, you can play an old school adventure like you used to know with Infamous Quests upcoming release "Quest For Infamy"!

A fun thing about some of the old adventure games were the hint books - sometimes they used to be the only way to get you through a problem!  But they were also fun, too - with their decoder windows, hidden messages and red herrings!  They were awesome to get along side the games.

In addition, some game series had their own "companion books" - the books fleshed out the locations, characters and history behind the development of the games and they would also have some amazing art in there in addition to all the neat info!

Now, in the same vein of nostalgia that led us to produce Quest For Infamy, we're combining these two very special items into one book - The Quest For Infamy Companion!

Read more at Kickstarter.com