Author Topic: QFI vs. Heroine's Quest  (Read 10606 times)

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
QFI vs. Heroine's Quest
« on: July 29, 2014, 02:29:43 PM »
I've played both and, to be honest, I really prefer QFI.

I think the story is more original, the characters more colorful, the humor funnier and the world a more epic place to explore.  The main character is also more interesting and well-defined whereas HQ is more of the generic do-gooder.

Still, I will give credit to HQ for having a better and more complex combat system.  Even though combat's the biggest complaint for QFI, adventure games are more about the adventure than anything else and there's always Skyrim for crazy combat options.

Despite preferring QFI, HQ is still a very good game I'd recommend to others. :) (but do play a Fighter with Fast Talk and Magic, with a later in-game upgrade to Sneak or Herbalism your first time through)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: QFI vs. Heroine's Quest
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 02:36:31 PM »
I don't like to invite comparisons between the two: it's not a competition.  I'm just glad that in 2014 there's multiple games out there like this.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 03:04:49 PM »
Klytos will love this thread.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 03:47:29 PM »
I have to say im on the fence on this topic

I mean yea you can try to compare, but didnt mum always say
"dont contrast and compare!"

anyway,
for laughs and more light heart gaming QFI wins on every mark, music ooo yaya

for the dangerous perils of the old ways and more stats and difficulty in terms of death etc,
heroines quest gets  those marks

again I like both, cant wait for hero-u also!
just love all the games,

I can say the devs and team here just flipping ROCK though, cant say that enough.

cant we love them allll

ok corey and lori get crackin! :P
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 08:20:42 PM »
I don't think it's valid games to compare the two, as they come from completely different angles. Heroines Quest stuck to the QFG formula, QFI just nodded to it then did our own thing.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 09:07:55 PM »
might not be valid to compare them
but one can say which they like better and or why,

but yea its apples n oranges here, not apples n apples

:P

soo yea I totally agree, to compare to each other, in terms of better or worse, not valid
to compare in what likes we have or prefer and to show the differences between the two games well thats totally valid.

two diff games, two diff worlds for sure
I can just say I love qfi, and I really like heroines quest also

its like comparing LA games vs sierra games to me,
which is always a huge debate so pleaase dont take me wrong lol
cant compare LA and sierra
LA went for a different world... funny and silly spastic most times, sierra did go funny but stuck to roots which I still ador over LA games, but love both companies games 100%
cant contrast  nor compare them, just say love em all  !
but I do have my favs

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 11:44:17 PM »
Personal preference is the thing with most of these comparisons anyway. I might find something in Heroines Quest completely unacceptable and someone else might love the game more because of it. Or someone might be offended at perceived sexism in QFI whereas someone else might see that it's satire. It all comes down to your view of the world I suppose.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 12:20:29 AM »
I love big boobs and chainmail bikinis.  Heroine's Quest failed MISERABLY on that account.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

miriya

• Villain
  • Liked: 37
    • View Profile
Re: Re: QFI vs. Heroine's Quest
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 12:33:16 AM »
Personal preference is the thing with most of these comparisons anyway. I might find something in Heroines Quest completely unacceptable and someone else might love the game more because of it. Or someone might be offended at perceived sexism in QFI whereas someone else might see that it's satire. It all comes down to your view of the world I suppose.

That's the beauty of a story.  What the storyteller presents is only one half.  The other is based on what the listener brings in the form of expectations and interpretations. 

I'm so glad we have both HQ and QFI.  They make me happy in different ways.

merryjest

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 01:40:31 AM »
This is definitely not a competition, but a bonanza. The winner? All of us! Heroine's Quest, Quest for Infamy, and maybe Hero-U this year? Bonanza!

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 03:24:55 AM »
here here!!

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 05:23:31 AM »
From updates I've seen I doubt Hero-U will be this year, being August already. That's not a criticism, I understand game development takes time, just my opinion that it won't be this year.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 09:50:57 AM »
i talked to corey a while ago,
he didnt think it would be this year either

that was in a personal email,
heck they are still accepting donations and trying to sell swag (cool stuff I wish I could also get for qfi if I paid lots.. darn me missing kickstarts again wave my fist .. at myself)

they still offered me a big box, and a few goodies for a modest but well worth it donation

another great team, but methinks not many are let in that door to work on that project vs the variations in your crew in state or country wise!

how many of ya have met in real life? just curious on that one!
NICE game qfi, for not even working in the same orifice!
but with ags I suppose these just need contact not literal physical contact

here is hoping some extra boxes are made of qfi when ya cats know, id pay out pretty big
if not, all good its my bad ive missed so many things
add tex TE box to my list too (facepalm)
and chris was so nice about it too, just only made so many copies!
I did get some extra nice swag out of him though!
and a ty!

whoop
did I mention I LOVE this era for old school gaming coming back with veracity and savoir faire !

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 11:54:37 AM »
I have only met Bt once as my family was driving through his town on the way back from a vacation.  Other than that, i have not met anyone else on the team in person. 
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 11:59:54 AM »
I met Jen (Corrigan - our portrait artist) in Edinburgh along with Scott Murphy. I met up with James Mulvale (sickfiction - our music guy) in Portsmouth as well. I've also met the two Matt's who helped work on QFI (Matt Frith on animations and Matthew Oates who designed the QFI logo and also provided background art) at Adventure X in London.

I'm surprised I've not met Steve or Shawn yet as I've been apart of the team right from the beginning back in 2003. Here's hoping we can all get the opportunity to meet up soon, if not this year hopefully next.