Author Topic: XBox ONE thoughts?  (Read 13296 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
XBox ONE thoughts?
« on: June 10, 2013, 09:07:19 PM »
   Just caught the specs for the XBOX One and wondered what are your thoughts on it?  My thoughts are this. Graphically and hardware wise it sounds like a beast.  However why Microshit and Sony refuse to let old games from the 360 and PS3 play on it makes me angry. They are using new tech so why not give the players who have spent thousands of dollars (like me) ability to play their old games on the new system.  Also it seems as tho they are requireing a broadband connection?  Why????  500 bucks is quite a bit of cash to spend at once and I bet the games will be at least 60 bucks a crack...............  Chadly!!!!!!
**********Chadly*********************

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: XBox ONE thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:34:02 PM »
Sigh.  Yeah.  But the zombie hordes'll still line up to buy the crap, I think.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:58:24 PM »
My biggest issue is that it appears they are going to make it so once you buy a game it is virtually impossible to resell it.  Companies like Gamestop will get hurt significantly and in the long run, it will only make things more expensive for the consumer.  I am happy to let console gaming go.  I don't really have time for gaming that much anymore anyways.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 10:14:11 PM »
Will it be able to play Quest For Infamy?

If not, leave it by the rubbish bin, thank you very much.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 10:14:33 PM »
Yeah, seriously.  If I wanna console game, I've got my NES and SNES, heh.  Oh, and my OUYA, which has proven to be quite fun.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 10:15:07 PM »
Will it be able to play Quest For Infamy?

If not, leave it by the rubbish bin, thank you very much.

The XboxOne isn't powerful enough to handle all the amazingness that is QUEST FOR INFAMY.

Bt

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 10:17:25 PM »

(Besides, aren't most consoles simply lesser-functioning PCs?)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 10:30:07 PM »
@Goatmeal. Yes the consoles are lesser PC's. However the Xcrap one is pretty powerful, as will the PS4 I imagine.  If micro shaft and Sony do indeed lock the games so you can't resell them or trade them GameStop will have a heart attack.  So I doubt they will go that way.  GameStop is a major retailer/reseller so I think they will put pressure on the companies not to do this.  I myself have sold my consoles and went back to PC gaming as I'm tired of fps and MMO's.  So all Heil the ags pc gaming movement!!!!!! :)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 10:30:53 PM »
I actually think Gamestop is probably going to benefit in some way from this.  You can bet your bottom dollar that it's the "participating retailer" that the announcements mentioned.  I have no doubt that not only did Gamestop have a hand in this decision, but that it probably has some sort of behind the scenes deals worked out that are going to allow it to directly exploit this situation and profit from it.  I loved the Xbox360, but there is no way I am buying something that is so blatantly anti-consumer as this new piece of shit.  I'm very curious about what the PS4 is going to offer, though I fear the writing may already be on the wall, and that Sony is going to pull some similar anti-consumer bullshit.

But mark my words--Gamestop had a hand in this and is going to benefit.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 10:34:43 PM »

The XboxOne isn't powerful enough to handle all the amazingness that is QUEST FOR INFAMY.

And that's why Bill Gates had to preemptively quit Microsoft: he knew that no XBox machine — past, present or future — could EVER contain the awesome-osity that is QUEST FOR INFAMY.

He resigned in failure, leaving Steve Balmer to hold the disappointment bag...

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 10:48:08 PM »
I never owned a Microsoft console and I don't plan on starting now.  I'll stick to Playstation, and even then I rarely touch it anymore.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 10:57:08 PM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/10/playstation-4-has-no-restrictions-on-used-games-no-always-on/

And there you have it, folks.  Well, that was an easy decision.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 11:08:17 PM »
Looks like I'm sticking with Sony for my console experience.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 11:50:38 PM »
Well ok then Sony has no restrictions and doesn't require an Internet connection.  I'm not a huge fan of Sony either. The first playstation I bought crapped out on me after 3 months as well as the PS2 I bought. If I buy a PS4 I will wait 6 months until bugs are worked out of it. It most likely will have overheating issues as all consoles do nowadays.  Still I think Microshaft will change their tune when Sony kicks their ass literally in sales.  Don't get me wrong I enjoyed my 360 but if they are going to pull this anti-consumer Big Brother shit, then Fuck em and the horse they rode in on too!!!! >:(

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 727
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 05:42:29 AM »
I've been posting a lot about Xbox vs Xbox360 vs Xbox One on my twitter. Basically, nothing can be better than the original Xbox. They are just getting worser and worser with each generation of consoles. Just think of all those great games on the original Xbox - Morrowind, KotOR & KotOR2, Fable, Myst 3 & Myst 4, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance... And what Xbox360 has to offer? Skyrim and Mortal Kombat 2011? That's just two games. I have a bad feeling that there won't be any games worth playing on Xbox One.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests".