Author Topic: QFI Demo Feedback  (Read 4157 times)

Esmale

QFI Demo Feedback
« on: July 06, 2013, 03:42:20 PM »
That was a fun demo to play through.  Looking forward to the full game.  There was one oddity I noticed while playing through it the first time.

If you visit the town square before talking to all the townsfolk, you get a message about how "they're setting up for the execution, but it's not time yet".  On the other hand, if you talk to all the villagers before going to the town square room, you see the execution, then go to start the class quest, and only then visit the town square room voluntarily...and you get the "they're setting up for the execution, but it's not time yet" message.  Which is odd since the execution already happened.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: QFI Demo Feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 06:31:41 PM »
Good eye, Esmale!  That's definitely a bug that we'll fix right up for our next build.  Thanks!!
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Esmale

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 06:36:58 PM »
I'm a programmer by trade, so spotting things like that is basically what I do for a living.   :D

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 08:56:29 PM »
You're going to bother with a new build of the demo at this point?

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 10:52:44 PM »

Yes.  Even if it delays the full game another 3 years...

The QFI team: going above and beyond -- each time, every time

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 10:55:52 PM »
No, he meant the finished product. We're talking "builds" all the time behind the scenes and fixing things between builds.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 12:29:33 AM »
Yeah, what Klytos said.  I just meant it'll go on the list to be fixed for the next in-house build of the game.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »
Understood. I was assuming the demo because that was what the conversation was about. I was also wondering if I needed to dust off my demo installer script.