Author Topic: Conquests of GOG  (Read 3527 times)

Brainiac

• Lackey
  • Liked: 58
  • Game Guru
    • View Profile
Conquests of GOG
« on: May 05, 2017, 09:15:36 AM »
Christy Marx's work at Sierra is now available on GOG for $6 each.

Possibly of even greater interest, GOG did a short interview with her which revealed that she had at least some preliminary ideas for two other Conquests games; here's hoping she gets the chance to make them someday.

Amusingly, someone mentioned IQ as a potential partner in the comments on GOG. Anyone think we should direct Ms. Marx towards the for-profit groups that have grown out of the fangame scene?
There is balance in all things. Live in symmetry with the world around you. If you must blow things up and steal from those around you, THAT'S WHAT RPGS ARE FOR!

Official Member of the VGL Street Team

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Conquests of GOG
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 07:38:37 AM »
As much as I'd love to work on something like a Conquests game, I think it would be a case of handing a company a (brilliant) design document and saying, please build this. I think Steve and I love designing too much to work with a big name like her. That said, I'd play the hell out of the game when it came out!

EDIT: To clarify, I say that with no knowledge of how Christy Marx (or another designer I admire like Scott Murphy or Jane Jensen) works, whether it would be collaboratively or what. But I'd be always second guessing my own opinions and thoughts because I hold these people in such high regard and I'd want to do whatever they thought.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 12:14:41 PM »
I'd only do it if we could have the proper budget. That's the biggest obstacle.  Anything else you can deal with, but to do a game like that right - you'd need the money.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 06:51:50 PM »
  Hi all!;)  Hey I think that Conquests of Camelot and Conquests of the Longbow are two of the best games Sierra ever put out, other than the Hero Quests games,  (oops I mean Quest for Glory Series.)  I own them both on disks no less.  Hell I think IQ should try to make a game with Ms Marx.  Yeah I  know its all about money, Shit what isn't?  On a different note, whats the status of Roehm to Ruin, and the furure of IQ? Are you all disbanded, or what?  Thanks, Chadly. :)
**********Chadly*********************

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 02:35:40 PM »
i never had a good relation with ms marx,
once she told me in person to pay for an autograph.
and that she wouldnt sign games only her screenplays and such for tv
NO GAMES..

i was like huh, why ?

just because was the finite answer.
love the games but she was not a nice person to fans esp later.

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"