Author Topic: Any plans on a sequel? And any new patches?  (Read 21041 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Any plans on a sequel? And any new patches?
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2014, 05:51:14 PM »
Actually, a lot of KS's DO use PR firms that run them for people.  It's become quite the business itself.  Most of the larger campaigns you've seen were run by hired pro PR people. Me?  I stayed up and almost didn't sleep for a month during our first Kickstarter.  Our second was a much smaller project, and was actually much easier to run. But our first Kickstarter?  We put 5 months of work into the pre-production - back in 2012, it was still a new thing.  We took our time; the team worked on the demo like bats out of hell - I did a lot of research, looking at other campaigns, etc.  In the end - I made sure I was on there a lot, answering all the questions that came in and engaging backers and posters. Very nerve-racking, but rewarding is so many ways - I met a lot of cool people that way.  The most eager backers and our bigger pledgers became friends. They were the most encouraging during the whole project, and afterwards.  I've formed lasting friendships with many. But doing it yourself is crazy.  I couldn't even imagine running a campaign the size of, like, Torment or Wastelands 2.  Or friggin Star Citizen!   Bt PS: Broomie - I don't know what kind of update happened, but this new text editor does not let me format text at all - I had paragraph breaks and crap in here.... ALLL GONE.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Fast Jimmy

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2014, 07:01:27 PM »
Yikes! That sounds like a huge mess. I guess it makes sense that there would be PR firms working the KS front... man, there goes my million dollar idea! :)

Makes you wish there was truly a way to make the claim of "video games as an art form" and get federal grant money or something. The artwork in QFI is just absolutely stunning without needing to be bleeding next-gen expensive. And the story has smart, sharp writing and encourages people to think in order to solve puzzles and piece together the mystery of the story. It makes me say...

For what it's worth, I'm using the Tapatalk mobile phone app and am able to post and type great! I appreciate you all supporting that function - I do most of my web surfing on my phone in between work and your website's integration with the app is stellar.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2014, 10:41:49 PM »
I learned to stay away from FEDERAL anything! Still paying my college loan off! Man they can find you even if you move to Thailand !  And yea like I was saying I knew most had PR people, I know/knew a few. If not the devs themselves doing it. Sad to see KS going the way it is, I am still confused how some games have such a high success rate and some fail totally. Case and point is the Dexter Ward I helped back that failed vs the Shroud (Ultima) game, that made millions Also you have games like Tex Murphy Telsa effect which Chris mainly put his own money in. Then KS. Then ATLUS helped test and backed a HUGE portion of the money! ATLUS!!! would be nice to have a publisher as such on the side of anyone in cases as those. BTW nice pic! haahha you rock man where have you been hiding for real! Either way! Welcome and WELCOME! hehe Kal-
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2014, 01:38:11 AM »
The artwork in QFI is just absolutely stunning without needing to be bleeding next-gen expensive. 

QFT.  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2014, 01:43:18 AM »
Here here! So true btw I havent seen anyone use QFT in a very long time lambo!
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"