Author Topic: Thoughts on "Quest for Infamy" (Demo)  (Read 35724 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on "Quest for Infamy" (Demo)
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2013, 06:06:14 PM »
His jibes are sarcastic!  Listen to the guy!  He's dripping with sarcasm and the slippery wiles of a thief!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2013, 06:20:36 PM »
I did get his slippery responses but didn't pick up the sarcasm on that one.  Then again I think sometimes sarc is harder to detect with an english accent. I think you have done a great job of making Kurdt, Prospero and Ian all very interesting however! Character development is clearly a strength!

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2013, 08:11:24 PM »
Ian makes me cringe, I can't stand him. But that's GOOD right? The slippery little whyioughta. And the blacksmith is another bellsniff.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2013, 02:22:41 AM »
When the narrator complains he's "a squirrely looking fellow" that makes the audience inclined to think that Ian's ugly.

I though that too when I spoke to him.  His personality (annoying, weasely and cowardly) doesn't help much for him either, though maybe there's more to him than meets the demo.

Sektor

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2013, 03:14:16 AM »
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squirrely

It doesn't mean he looks as ugly/cute as a squirrel, it just means he moves about like one and acts a bit crazy, like he's had too much coffee.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2013, 06:41:15 AM »
Exactamundo, friends.  Ian's a hustler; running a shady dice game, darting from here to there, avoiding Rayford... he's shifty.  Heh.  Seriously, not too much to read into.  He's making ugly jokes about himself as a joke.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2013, 05:14:22 PM »
As an American I can say that squirrely is more associated with being rodent-like. (from my perspective)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2013, 06:07:43 PM »
I'm American, and I always took squirrely to mean wily, crafty, clever - the squirrel darts from here to there, taking items to store for later - quick.... yeah, rodent like to a degree, but not in looks - more in attitude.

Bt

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2013, 01:02:23 PM »
I have always heard it used to refer to something that was not quite right or behaving unpredictably.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2013, 01:04:45 PM »
I have always heard it used to refer to something that was not quite right or behaving unpredictably.

This.  Very well said.  That is exactly how I understand it.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2013, 09:23:21 PM »
Loved the Demo, still playing it to find eggs. Also trying to figure out what happened to the horse.

did notice a small bug with the blacksmith similar to the other one mentioned before, though this one self fixes.

if you move off the screen as the blacksmith is starting to wander over to the fire when you return he is over around the fire hammering away instead of at the anvil like he should be for the animation.  After a while though he goes back to the fire, skipping the walking bit and then everything goes back to normal.  Well normal for that town anyway.
When you're a farrier you need to know these things