Author Topic: Something just doesn't add up  (Read 28443 times)

garr

• Villain
  • Liked: 68
    • View Profile
Something just doesn't add up
« on: August 18, 2014, 10:56:30 AM »
In a previous post, Klytos made this statement concerning direct info on the BT fight:

In this age of instant internet information, once one person has found it, everyone has found it.

In another post I asked if materials, in the update, would reveal how to find BT. The answer was
Yes! This conflicts with Klytos's statement, and surely someone will start a viral post elsewhere
with the solution about the fight. So why hold out now? Is it merely an effort to boost sales where
more gamers will pay for the update just for the secret information?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Something just doesn't add up
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 02:00:46 PM »
Hahah, no no - the mystery you're searching for is just a bit of fun hidden in the game, nothing more.  I think someone misunderstood - in the update, the answer won't be revealed - but I'll be including some of the hints I have given so far.

It's really just a bit of fun, and I don't know IF anyone has found it yet.  Chucklas did, but that's because he's a programmer on the team.  He found what I hid.

No ploys here, just a good old fashioned easter egg hunt.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 02:08:38 PM »
Yep.  I knew a couple things about it, but like Steve said, I had some help with the source code.

Now, Lambonius, a member of the team, who was not told how to do it, asked me in an email if he was close.  He laid out what he had learned from the clues.  He is EXTREMELY close to cracking it.  He basically knows all the steps, and how to accomplish them.  The clues are there, some of the steps you have done.  We just have not told you when you were right or wrong about your attempts.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 02:39:34 PM »
OHKAY! It's like having Alzheimer's and not being too concerned, because hey, you can hide your own Easter eggs.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 03:11:09 PM »
Now, Lambonius, a member of the team, who was not told how to do it, asked me in an email if he was close.  He laid out what he had learned from the clues.  He is EXTREMELY close to cracking it.  He basically knows all the steps, and how to accomplish them.  The clues are there, some of the steps you have done.  We just have not told you when you were right or wrong about your attempts.

Hey, don't drag me into this!  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Something just doesn't add up
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 03:13:01 PM »

Hey, don't drag me into this!  ;)

Are you kidding?  You know you love the attention.  Speaking of, happy belated birthday bro.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 05:16:33 PM »
I think im close toooo

I hopes I am anyway haha

garr we will get this !
just be patient and urmm.. yeaaa

8)
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 08:22:28 PM »
I am not sure when it occurred, but outside Volksville gates, a group of those self flagellating guys walk by west to east. Could this be important?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 08:38:30 PM »
That's unrelated; just a bit of game business that not many people see.  It doesn't always happen, but it's just a way to give more life to the world of QFI.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 11:20:11 PM »
Never paid attention before, but killing Gorth the town bully gets a deep sinister laugh from... maybe BT?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 06:51:42 AM »
Heh, yes, that is me laughing and saying "Infamy".

Bt

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 11:02:15 AM »
is that what he says!?
lol
never knew that cheers

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 08:11:14 PM »
I broke into a house to the left of the bank and found a number 249 in a book. Thought that could be input at the ATM in the bank. Didn't work. Anyone know what the number is for? OR, since BT likes numbers, what if all the numbers you've seen (library books, info from the guy on the left side in the library, etc.) really mean something!

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 09:10:30 PM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 09:23:49 PM »
OH RATZ!

All the other numbers, I recently thought, could correspond to numbers on a telephone, and the resulting letters could make up an anagram. hmm

Anyhow, tnx