Author Topic: Other Kickstarter Projects  (Read 61432 times)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Other Kickstarter Projects
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2013, 09:26:42 PM »
I think their new funding method is really rubbing a lot of people the wrong way (as it should, frankly.)  If Jim Walls really wants to make a new Police Quest successor game, he should get in touch with one of the established groups, like Replay or even Pinkerton Road, and get them on board with the project.  That's the only way I could see this thing being made at this point, and I still think that's a huge long shot.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2013, 09:08:18 PM »
Let's be honest an old dude fronting a gaming pitch is always going to struggle unless it is supported by an existing team.

I think the two major traps for team on kickstarter are too much physical swag and poorly thought out stretch goals. Often the amount they ask for is barely enough  for the game anyway then when they exceed it they need to add all kinds of extras, when they still barely have the budget for the raw game

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2013, 04:48:14 PM »
The mind is such a complicated thing.  People have been diving into the human psyche for ages, trying to plumb its depths and unlock its secrets.  Which is why it comes as to no surprise that psychological horror is such a popular subgenre in media these days.  The latest adventure addition to the Kickstarter stables is Shades of Sanity, a contender for surreal and maddening awesomeness.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2013, 09:56:07 PM »
So how about that Precinct AMA?  Cleared everyone's concerns right up, didn't it?  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2013, 10:13:09 PM »
So how about that Precinct AMA?  Cleared everyone's concerns right up, didn't it?  ;)

I can smell sarcasm a mile away and that reeks of it.   ;D

Seriously, though, it did nothing to answer my questions but left me no doubt that it's not worth backing.   :o

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2013, 01:07:12 PM »
Bureaucracy. Red tape. Conspiracies.  What do these things have in common besides being major annoyances?  Well, for one man it’s his continued existence.  Both in a literal and figurative sense.  The latest in a growing stable of adventure games coming out of IndiGoGo is Conspirocracy, a tale of intrigue and paperwork.  “The truth, it seems, is rarely pure and never simple.”

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2013, 05:54:21 PM »
Elementary, My Dear Holmes!

A point-and-click adventure game starring legendary sidekick John Watson on an epic quest to prove that Sherlock Holmes is just a jerk.

alexkidd

• Recruit
  • Liked: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2013, 09:42:01 PM »
Fran Bow

A horror adventure game made by 2 people(Natalia & Isak). The demo is quite impressive.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2013, 09:35:46 AM »
Fran Bow

A horror adventure game made by 2 people(Natalia & Isak). The demo is quite impressive.

Yeah, Fran Bow looks really interesting.  Almost like a bit of Edward Goery come to life - I have to be honest, it's really not my taste, but the creators have made something special here.  It made it's goal, and it continues to go on, so that's super awesome!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2013, 10:41:21 AM »
Fran Bow

I've played many games that have dark themes, both psychological and supernatural horror.  Several that have "crap yourself" moments.  But never before have I been so disturbed by even the demo of a game that I think it gave me nightmares (that's the dedication I have for KickstartVentures...which makes me wonder why I forgot to mention this one here).  So, yeah.  I'm so happy that they managed to get funding even though I might not even buy it retail.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2013, 06:53:25 PM »
Survival horror is such a popular genre in gaming, and we have yet another adventure with supernatural leanings to showcase in “Currently Kickstarting”.  U55 – End of the Line looks to be another great addition to the roster with not only crap-your-pants horror, but it also offers the use of a unique technology that can make your blood curdle with feelings of fear and anxiety if done right.  Get ready to experience a subway ride that you won’t soon forget.  Read on if you dare.

alexkidd

• Recruit
  • Liked: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2013, 12:21:48 AM »
Yeah, Fran Bow looks really interesting.  Almost like a bit of Edward Goery come to life - I have to be honest, it's really not my taste, but the creators have made something special here.  It made it's goal, and it continues to go on, so that's super awesome!

I usually stay away from gore unless it's a B-horror movie  ;D
But like you said this is something special. The game is based on Natalia's painful childhood and from what I read  creating the game has been a therapeutic experience. So it seems to be much more than a 'horror' game.

@Intendant S
I decided to back Fran Bow hehe

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2013, 02:33:58 PM »
What do you get when you take a potbellied exterminator, a purple bear bard, and the most nastiest slugs you’ve ever seen and put them together in a 2D point-and-click adventure game? Why, you get the continuing saga of Reemus and Liam, that’s what.  Enter The Ballads of Reemus 2, another game being Kickstarted that started its life as a Flash-based adventure on the likes of Newgrounds and Kongregate.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2013, 03:57:19 PM »
In space no one can hear you scream.  Which might not be a good thing in the case of the newest addition to the action-adventure stable of games trying to get funded through Kickstarter.  Take Europa 2022, a blend of traditional point-and-click adventure with the more “actiony” elements that can be found in the likes of Heavy Rain or Uncharted.  Toss in a liberal dose of sci-fi horror and you’ve got the makings on a unique gaming experience.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2013, 01:04:52 AM »
Imagine taking a hand-crafted world and turning it into an amazing side-scrolling adventure. Knite & The Ghost Lights delivers a mixture of adventure, storytelling, and action from games we know and love like Metroid and Castlevania, but with a completely fresh feel for today’s gamer.