Author Topic: Thank You For Your Games!  (Read 4436 times)

ErikParkin

• Recruit
  • Liked: 29
    • View Profile
Thank You For Your Games!
« on: November 01, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
Hi Team IQ,

There's something I'd like you folks to know. I deal with something called Cerebral Palsy. This is a disability that effects how I walk, talk and hold things Mostly, I use a wheelchair to move about. I'm also a gamer, but, since I deal with Cerebral Palsy, its very hard for me to play twitchy games with my friends. I would lose too quickly. Sometimes, people would think I was an easy target, or a liability to their team and wouldn't pick me, or sometimes they'd forget I was there period.  It made me feel sort of invisible and I didn't like to play ):

The easiest games for me to play were the the third person adventure games from Sierra/lLcasarts  and the kind you folks work so hard at making. When I play games like Space Quest, Kings Quest or QFI, my friends ask my help and  I felt more visible and included. What I'm trying to say is, thanks for your games and your work. Even though you folks don't know me from Adam, you've made a big difference in my life. :)

With Gratitude,

Erik Parkin

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Thank You For Your Games!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 06:46:14 PM »
Erik,

No, thank you for not only playing our games, bur for taking the time to tell us about your experiences with them.  Sometimes we work so hard and we can't see the wider effects of our games on folks.  But it's people like you that make the difference for us - we make these games because we love them and connect with them, and we all connect to them in our own different ways, so it's amazing to see something have such a profound and different impact on someone. 

Games, when they're doing their best, bring people together - in spite of differences, limitations, locations and abilities.  A letter like yours makes all the difference; people don't always take the time to let people know you're doing something right.  In fact, there seems to be a lot of people that love to take the time to tell you (with glee) everything you're doing wrong!  Your letter has really inspired me, and I'll probably cherish this one forever.  Thank you for letting us know.  Hopefully, you'll like the games we have coming up!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

ErikParkin

• Recruit
  • Liked: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 08:03:42 PM »
Thank you for for the reply Steve.

Keep on goin' team IQ!

You know what you're doing, so go ahead and do it! :)

All The Best

Erik Parkin

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 09:30:25 AM »
Thank you so much for your message, Erik, you have made my day!  So glad that you have enjoyed our games, it warms my heart to hear your story!
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"