Author Topic: Crypt of the Killingtons - ray of light I do not see  (Read 11459 times)

1yol

Crypt of the Killingtons - ray of light I do not see
« on: August 19, 2014, 03:40:43 PM »

Hi, sorry I do not know English well.

I have a problem in the crypt I do not see the beam of light continue to move their weapons and to act on the sarcophagus but I see no light so I can not give direction.

I do not know if it's a resolution problem I have 19-inch screen but the game in windowed mode
[size=78%]http://file:///C:/Users/yolande/Desktop/questlight.webp[/size]

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
Re: Crypt of the Killingtons - ray of light I do not see
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 04:55:46 PM »
Did you use the hand icon on the casket itself? 
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

1yol

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 09:34:47 AM »
yes, I read everything and I used hand icon on the sarcophagus in the center of the room and weapons

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 10:31:18 AM »
Hmm...

To get the light to shine to the weapons, you need to click the hand on the golden gloves on the sarcophagus see attachment.  If this does not work for you, could you attach a saved game here on the forum so I can check it out on my machine? 
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

1yol

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 12:15:45 PM »
I did it like in the picture you sent, and I attach my image of the game and the saved file, thanks

ps
I have a doubt maybe I have not completed the previous quest and the game, I'm not going.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 02:59:52 PM »
I will take a look at this as soon as I can.  It can't be related to not having done something.  If you are in the crypt, you should be able to do the light puzzle. 

I may not be able to look at it until tomorrow, so if someone else wants to take a look sooner, great.  I have work meetings tonight.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 03:14:04 PM »
It looks to me like it's a graphics setting error, as the light beams are processed as alpha-blended sprites - did you adjust the game's graphic settings using winsetup?  This may be a rendering error using DirectDraw vs. Direct3D.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 03:17:58 PM »
It's definitely a rendering error of some sort--look at the glitched graphic of the animated light-shaft on the top right.

Try adjusting graphics settings in the winsetup.exe file (in the game directory.)  If you have it set on DirectDraw, switch to Direct3D, and vice versa.

You might also need to update your graphics drivers, too.  If you have old drivers, it may be causing the rendering error.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 04:43:30 PM »
my guess?
run in NON windowed

and disable AERO desktop,

as you are in a game that well,
just test it out,
try full screen first if that still exists,  change the filter to 4x neighbor dx9  then try directdraw

but my guess  (as ive seen this before) is windows aero desktop and windowed mode games in ags do this a lot

test that out!
click classic modes  (I never run aero and refuse to)  win7 64bit

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 06:25:40 PM »
That's odd, Kaldire, because I use win 7 64 bit, it's always on aero and I play everything windowed.  I've never seen a glitch like this before.  Not that that means it can't be the cause, but it's not the sole cause at any rate or it would be happening to me all the time.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 07:35:17 PM »
oh noo i didnt mean it was the issue,
was just something to test

sometimes people run all sorts of widgets n such and yes this seems like an odd gfx issue,
but I haveeee seen it before,
normally with dying video cards, incompatible os's in terms of dx (really old games use REALLY old dx) some of those still run on win7 even without emulators or compatibility  some.. dont

I have indeed seen this issue, and even something like task manager running in the background even minimiszed can cause flickers and gfx issues in some games,

just curious what is your desktop resolution, and what is your windowed res?
if i play with 2x filter the window is so small, its not playable, as i run high res in windows,
4x filter makes the window much larger  (thats 4x neighbor filter)

I had more thoughts in terms of what might be the issue or solve it, like seeing if say raptr is running
or gfx or any acceleration aps or such, even active scanning on hds can conflict with gfx at the moment

to me though my first step would be to do a clean DRIVER install, not just uninstall the driver but read up on how to do clean driver installs ( and watch out.. there are aps for nvidia that will remove the chipset drivers also, as they are in the same pack) so dont use that one

"nVidia installer method before you 'drive sweep' method
 start install of nVidia [size=100%]drivers[/size] then select custom install / clean install option. "
thats just without an ap

or I used to use many that dont work on win7 now, but this one does, and its a great program for finding left over files so that one can test drivers properly
[url=http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html]http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html
[/url]
PLEASE note that this app will not work anymore for new os's im just point it out
the link below is the one everyone should use to do a clean gfx install
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

also, sometimes beta drivers, cause issues or solve them(usually the first one)
annnd in some cases you MUST use old drivers to play games
Psychonaughts is a perfect example of a driver causing huge gfx problems, only fix is to install older drivers of the games ERA
odd but true! textures vanish, issues like posted are seen
check the screenshots by the OP to see what I mean, and the devs at doublefine have indeed said on their forums to install 13.2 for ati to get the game to work
http://steamcommunity.com/app/3830/discussions/0/558747287594985726/

eXceed 1 2 and 3  if you have anything open even a folder or txt file, the screen will flicker, when closed it doesnt! pretty odd
and thats a game on par with gfx oldness that ags uses,

but yea for sure this is .. a strange one, and as Bt said, id try to use directdraw, but even then some have so many installers or versions of things that conflict.
(not that its in qfi) but for example games that run with physx (even on ati cards) need the physx drivers installed or the game wont run most of the time, even if you have ati and no physix (I use hybrid physx and there is almost no diff in newer ati visuals)

annyway long post sorry

what I would do as an old tech guru
1. Disable any apps running in background (yes its said a LOT but! true most times ESP raptr)
2. I have to ask what settings the poster is using for QFI and if in windowed or what res monitor is at and what hz vs the games res and filters
3. Disable aero to make sure its just not causing issues
4. Reinstall directx OLD ver not just new!!!
5. if this fails  Clean Uninstall video driver
6. Install standard not beta driver
7. Make sure acceleration is turned down if the above steps didnt work
see nvid control or ati cat control for how to do that
8. unplug controllers if you have one in !  odd but these also can cause issues esp if emulating a ps3 controller for example as I do

9. stop reading this its to long, I need a long nap

hope something helps!
let us know here if you are tech savvy enough to try a few options and please anyone let me or the poster know if the options sound unnecessary

PS
example of another though is that I have sooo many versions of
C++ redists  from 2005 2008 2010 2012 2013 ( 20 installers total !)
as well as many frameworks
xna 3.0 3.1 4.0 4.0 refresh
physx  and physx legacy
sometimes these can help or hinder
I find they help
lol

zz sorry!
trying to help and i get on a geek rant!
bed time

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 08:57:03 PM »
You are hit by wall of knowledge for over nine thousand. You die.

Seriously though, thanks for taking the time to help puzzle this one out, and for taking part in the forum discussions so enthusiastically in general, Kaldire.  You always give me a chuckle :)
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 09:09:41 PM »
You are hit by wall of knowledge for over nine thousand. You die.

Only a fellow awesome nerd would post that you roockk hahhaa  wait let me toss my saving throw d20.. where is my d20 dammit , did I get and init roll to strike first and roll a 1? or did the wall run into/attack me? hehe

haha same for you me matey arrr (dats a pirate movie rated arrrr)
yea old and bad joke there hmm

how about
do you know the type of wood that robin hood and his merry men used in their making their bows
"Yew Wood!"  or "You would!"
my own joke there.. drry as the wood in mention hehe

thanks for the smiles n grins

the sleepy kal-

1yol

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 11:10:34 AM »

solved, thank you all for your contribution.  ;D

I left the settings unchanged pc, aereo windows 32 bit, I changed the settings from the game upload image, basically I removed the screen window decrease in 16-bit and no filter. thanks to everyone are now in the second act

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 01:00:52 PM »
huzzaah!

interesting! gfx filter eh.. well im glad it got sorted mate!
cheers!

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 01:14:01 PM »
YAY!! Glad it worked out for you!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."