Author Topic: Studio  (Read 6866 times)

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
Studio
« on: June 21, 2012, 02:58:02 AM »
My real hope for IQ is that you guys make a great game and then make a great studio! I am interested in how you think a successful studio making old school adventure games would run. Would it be a larger team of part time staff or a very small team of full time staff?

In an ideal world what sort of time frame would you be able to pump out a game assuming Quest for Infamy is a success?

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
Re: Studio
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 09:08:08 AM »
We kinda have a virtual studio in place already, as wonderful as it would be to have a physical location for us all to meet up every morning around the water cooler, it just couldn't happen (right now). The two main bosses live on opposite ends of the world and everyone else is scattered in between (USA, Australia, Canada, Scotland, England). Plus the overheads for a real studio can be ridiculous. It's almost free overheads for us all to work from home. These forums / skype and Dropbox are our studio. One day maybe though I'm hoping we can build a theme-park based on Lonaria with a massive rollercoaster and everything.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 12:13:57 PM »
Oh I wasnt meaning a physical studio. I was just interested whether the goal is to have people working on these game as there full time job and whether you think the games could produce revenue to afford that opportunIty. Or is it to remain with a larger team that work part time?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 04:31:06 PM »
It's a pretty small team right now - I mean, the hope is to be able to do more games.  Right now, heh, I'm just focusing on getting QFI done, and we'll see where the future takes us.  I'm sure we'll be doing more games - on what level really depends on the success of this game.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 03:18:51 AM »
Can Kickstarter backers have an awesome title or badges or some such?  8)
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 07:44:56 AM »

I don't know if we can do that.

Well, heh, all right!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

suttonmitchell

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 01:20:26 AM »
I like where this is going.  :o

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 05:01:23 AM »

I don't know if we can do that.

Well, heh, all right!

Bt

I'm finding this solution most excellent, indeed   ;D
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."