Author Topic: Star Trek : 25th Annivertsary + Judgment Rites  (Read 2643 times)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Star Trek : 25th Annivertsary + Judgment Rites
« on: October 18, 2013, 01:05:18 PM »

I played the diskette version of Star Trek: 25th Anniversary (ST:25) when it came out 21 years ago (!), and recently bought the CD-ROM version of ST:25 and even more recently, the CD-ROM for Star Trek: Judgment Rites (ST:JR).

I just started replaying ST:25 and am definitely looking forward to ST:JT...  Aside from the Wing Commander bitmap dogfighting (which I happen to enjoy here, even though I'm more of an X-Wing/polygon fan), any thoughts or memories concerning these two games from an graphical adventure game perspective?

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
Re: Star Trek : 25th Annivertsary + Judgment Rites
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 02:50:43 PM »
I loved playing 25th Anniversary.  I only played the diskette version and I actually enjoyed the gameplay.  It also helps that I'm a huge Trekkie and with few exceptions I like most ST games.  I never did play Judgement Rites, but I bought it at GenCon last year and have been meaning to play it.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek : 25th Annivertsary + Judgment Rites
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 10:25:06 PM »
I love love love love love love love these games!! Judgment Rites is the best of the two, but both are fantastic. The space combat is optional in Judgment Rites as well. These were such great games. Episodic gaming before it was cool! And done right to boot! (Done right, as in, all the episodes in one package :P)