Author Topic: Has anyone actually received their physical boxed edition of Quest for Infamy?  (Read 73694 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
I have not sent yours out, Exo.  I have only sent out a few DVD case only and QFI Companion only packages recently.  I haven't, and won't, make any more promises about when I will send them out right now because I don't want to make any more unfufilled promises.  I had the best intentions when I said I would get things out, and it hasn't gone that way yet.  When I send them, I'll post about it.  But right now, they're delayed. 

I have many people I have packages to get to, and I will get to them, but it will be a little bit of time.  It'd be easy for me to freak out and get angry and write something terrible and stupid, but I know the onus is on me right now, and I'm upset that I haven't gotten packages out to important people I care about, either.  Like Kaldire - I'm sorry, man, I really am.  You'll get your stuff, it's just taking me time in between many things happening right now that I am reluctant to discuss. 

Exo, I'm sorry about the delays and missed promises.  Thanks for your support in the past - you've supported not only us but other Adventure Games as well, and that's important.  Hope you're well in the coming days.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

eXoScoriae

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
The sad thing is simply putting my crap in an envelope and sending it out would would solve the problem. However, even in light of the fact that you have put me in a position that I feel legal action is my only recourse, you still can't commit to such a simple action.

That is mind boggling.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
I can't just put the box in an envelope; it'd get destroyed that way.  I had problems shipping some out in less than perfect containers, and I don't want to send you a destroyed box.  The DVDs, yes, go out in bubble mailers which IS simple, but you have a Big Box coming, which is more complex. Assembling these boxes and packing them is a time consuming and delicate process.  If you want your materials sent to you in a big flat envelope and you're willing to chance them being ruined, I'll send them like that - I can do that in five minutes.  If you want things sent nicely and properly, it's going to be a bit - I don't know how long, because I've learned NOT to promise anything.  You will get it, though. 

And, legal action?  If you want your money back, just ask.  The game has been completed and you've received your digital download, so you have that.  If you want your money back for the additional support, then we can work that out privately.  Otherwise, I maintain what I've said above - you'll have to wait a bit longer. 

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

eXoScoriae

• Recruit
    • View Profile

Since you don't seem to be aware of this, that is what you ship big boxes in. I have purchased hundreds of big box games from eBay in the past 15 years. I have never had a problem with one of them being crushed when they were shipped using a box such as that one. Amazingly, they are also free. You go to the post office and ask for a stack and they will give it to you.  This isn't rocket science. Your not the first person who ever had to send a big boxed game."

And if sending the big box *is* such a problem, as well as assembling them, then use a reinforced flat pack envelope and just send the box flat. I can't speak for everyone else, but I would have no problem folding the box myself if assembly is so time consuming.

You first raised concerns about the big boxes getting crushed this past spring. And that was fine. I was glad to see you were being careful in how you approached this. In what world though does it take another 8 or 9 months to figure out how to send a box in the mail? Your acting like finding a way to send these things is some huge mystery that remains unsolved. I mean seriously man, I've seen a lot of far out there excuses for kickstarters getting dragged on and on. But simply being unable to figure out how to ship something for months on end? That's an all time low.

At this point, I am going to stay on you until you actually follow through with your responsibility. You have made it clear that when people leave you alone, nothing happens. You apparently need someone sitting over your shoulder reminding you that you have an obligation to fulfill.

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
While @helmishgen brought out some good thoughts, you on the other hand @eXoScoriae are acting childish. I'm sorry to say this, but the way you write just screams "Waaaahh, why isn't MY box here yet?".

I do have had my doubts that will I ever receive my big box or no, but I also doubt that Steven would be saying these things and talking to us here, openly, if he was just leading us on & bulls***ing all the way. It just wouldn't make any sense.

On the matter of getting the boxes shipped, I'm more afraid that maybe my box will get stuck at the customs office without me being informed than Steven not shipping it.
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
More entitled nonsense going on in this thread I see. Good luck with your legal action, eXoScoriae. That won't get you anywhere.

It's good to see at least some people with half a brain who don't treat a single person like a giant corporation.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
we are alll mates !
sighs

love.. life is tooo short

steven is doing his beesstest
I knowith it.

offered the money back to him, no legal action needed.. friends... love..
tis xmas too  remember that..
shipping is NO FUN then.. i was hoping for it on my bday early dec, but as it hits later
well its prolly safer to wait to ship anything right now.. at least until jan.. imo

hugs to all ya'alls
HUGGGSSS
* Kaldire hugs everyone
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
    Ok, at this point some who post here are getting a bit nasty and personal.  Blackthorne is doing the best he can, if those of you who cant be understanding and patient, ask Bt for your money back period. He has said he will work things out with you privately as it should be.  Lets face it folks in 20 years this memorabilia will only matter to the small group who made QFI happened, as this adventure genre is but a fond memory for those who remember it.:) 

Lets all try and remember its the holiday season, whatever your personal religion may be.  Chadly.
**********Chadly*********************

antiqueapple

• Recruit
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
Quest for Infamy physical copies.
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2016, 09:34:28 PM »
Can you please tell everyone who is still wanting for the physical copies for the 1st game when they will be shipped!  I paid over $300 3 years ago and have gotten nothing.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: Quest for Infamy physical copies.
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2016, 01:37:14 AM »
there is already a pretty decent thread aboot this matey!

never fear you arent alone on this one, but.. happy holidays mate'
hang in there, as the kitten posters doth say.

PS EDIT
the KF postcards from the edge semi documentary
mer streep sayith this

"instant gratification takes toooo long!"

hehe I love that line.

of course this doesnt apply here, just a fun thing I just noticed in the movie tonight. :)

k0SH

• Recruit
  • Liked: 5
    • View Profile
First, I like Steven. A lot.

BUT..
Blackthorne is doing the best he can
..I sadly have to disagree.

He is not telling the truth for over a year now! And that sucks! Big time!

November 2015
"They will be sent out this year"

December 2015
"I'll be sending it out to you this week, so I can change the address."

March 2016
"Yes, I know - I'm still sending out packages"

May 2016
"'m packing more and sending out more this week.  I've got some extra swag to send out with them from PAX East as well. I'm making sure to pack your box well"

July 2016
"Your package will be going out tomorrow; I've taken extra care to make sure it's packaged up very well"

NO response to monthly messages - on a lot communication channels - since than!

Most the time he tells the same fairy tales:
"Some already shipped boxed got damaged"
-> no one ever saw a pic of a damaged box
-> it takes a year to find a strong box? I get parcels with games from all over the world every two weeks.
All come in standard shipping boxes. Sometimes with more, sometimes with less protective material.
None damaged so far.

"People who have gotten their items probably aren't checking this site any more, or the comments"
-> Sorry, but this is crap. People love to share. Especially collectors. So at least a few would have done. Only saw one posting a guide he received.

"When I said a "few" DVDs and companions, I didn't mean a couple - I mean close to 100"
-> Since a lot said wasn't true I simply don't buy it.
-> But hey - transparency would be appriciated:
Pls share a list of backer names with the date and items you've sended them.
You have sort of a db with the persons you already send stuff too, right?
So shouldn't be a big deal to share SOME info.
Plus how long did it take to send out the 100. A month? A year?
Just for the rest of us to do the math how long it will take till all are send out.

Conclusion:
My guess is that there is sadly no money to a) produce all items and / or b) to send all items.
Steven already denied this - but hey, he told me often he has send my stuff so..
If both points are an issue at all and it's "just time issues" I would create backers access to a forum where I would share the names I send out parcels to.
There is NO transparency at all - only the same stories for over a year.

I simply don't buy them anylonger - this all stinks a lot to me.
Man! Not cool!

k0SH

• Recruit
  • Liked: 5
    • View Profile
Btw, MusicallyInspired,
Paskarl especially is driving me completely nuts with his entitled attitude and unrealistic expectations while blasting them on different Facebook groups about it.

It's me, Paskarl. Hi ;-)

So... unrealistic expectaition, huh?
Interesting! It wasn't me saying a couple of times "send out today/ next week".
So MY expectations are based on what someone else did say and promise.
I didn't forced Steven to say so - he did that on his own.
And he told me a year ago that it will be send. A YEAR ago!
So pls explain it to me, what is unrealistic about it?
Sorry, but if I would do that repeatingly at work I wouldn't work there for long I guess.

We can talk about the attitude part - I agree that this is always a thing to discuss.
I simply don't like to get told a lie. And this is, in my eyes, a big one.
PS. I deleted all FB posts after I blew off some steam - 'cause I was REALLY pissed that time.
I still am but already accepted a bit that I will most likely not receive the items at all.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
sup sup kosh mate

havent heard from ye in a long time,
you can always hit me up, hope you have my proper email,ty for the past stuffs! you still are aces in my book of collector friends

ty again mate.

eXoScoriae

• Recruit
    • View Profile
You can call me childish or entitled all you want, it doesn't debase or change the point I made.

That timeline speaks for itself, and defending it at this point simply makes you look silly.

I would be curious to know how many years of BT claiming he has everything in his living room and just doesn't know how to ship it before one can be legitimately upset? Please tell me how much longer Steven can claim he doesn't know how to ship a box before anyone who has been to the post office once in their life is allowed to raise an eyebrow. Tell me how many updates he is allowed to make claiming he is sending things out (with zero evidence or corroborative support from *anyone* who has received something) before a person is allowed to get frustrated without it being childish. Is it 4 updates? 5? 6? 10? Please, tell me, because it really seems to me that people like Brandon are circle jerking and defending Steven no matter what he says or does. It's less a matter of me, or anyone else, acting childish and/or entitled, and more a matter of Brandon saying, "Hey, leave my buddy alone. Ignore that fact he has repeatedly broken promises to you and has your money".

How entitled are you Brandon, to think that people who put hundreds of bucks down on this *don't* have a right to be upset? You're living in a hypocritical bubble.

Speaking of which, how many of you white knights did he personally promise to have their stuff shipped out by now? I can answer that. Zero. I on the other hand actually do fall into that category. So is it entitled of me to expect something that Steven specifically said would be in the mail by a certain Friday last October? Excuse me, you seem to have confused the world "entitled" for "believing what someone said".

And some of you have the audacity to claim he is trying the best that he can? If that's true, then it's also incredibly sad. Have you ever stopped to consider that?

To address a few other thoughts here:
1. Money was offered back to me: Yes, he did offer a refund, however we never discussed the details. Why? Because, like you, I cared enough about this project to put money into it. Like you, I ultimately hope to have a boxed copy of this game sitting on my shelf. I wouldn't have waited around this long or been this vocal about it had it not been what I wanted in the first place. It's also a bit hard to swallow walking away at this point when, apparently, my stuff is just sitting right there on his floor. But, then again, that requires me believing that my stuff is actually sitting there and that BT's lack of knowledge of a flat rate mailing box is the only thing stopping it from arriving. On the other hand, my enthusiasm for the project is severely waning at this point. So I'm not sure if having a boxed copy on my shelf at some point will be a victory or simply a reminder of all the douchery.

2. Legal Action: Money was *not* being offered to me at the time I brought this up. So don't try to restate the narrative. At the time I mentioned legal action I, like all of you, had parted with my money years ago and had nothing to show for it besides a steam key that I could have bought for a few bucks. It's only because I brought up legal action that my money was offered back to me. Legal action is incredibly cheap when you have access to a lawyer, so it wouldn't put me out anything. What it would do it put BT in a situation where he has to respond or face a default judgement, and by responding he would need a lawyer himself unless he actually tried to file all the required documentation himself. Do I want to deal with all that and do that to BT? No. Am I sick of being strung along with false promises? Hell yes I am. So I had 2 options. Continue sitting around waiting for BT to figure out something incredibly simple and basic, such as how to ship a boxed game, or consider taking action. I considered action, and in return it got me an offer of a refund. Which I am still considering.

The defenders keep saying Steven is doing his best. As I said earlier, if that can actually be said in earnest, then it is impossibly sad. It frankly means that Steven is a failure at this point. There is no stretch of the definition of success that can describe this situation, unless you take the extremely cynical road and assume success means taking everyone's money, producing a game, and then shutting the company down and not shipping out the rest. We all know that wasn't the intention however, and I also know Steven didn't set out to take people's money. I am confident his original intentions were good.

On the other hand, unlike many of you, Steven has blatantly lied to me. So if you think it's childish for me to call him out on that, then I've got something much more childish I suggest you go and do.

I'd also like to point out that I had dropped several hundred on not only a big box for this game, but also for his other two. I imagine that I can leave my KS pledge to my children in my will, and if Order of the Thorne ever actually ships, it can go to them or their children. It sure as hell won't ship in my lifetime. Hah.

eXoScoriae

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Ok, I've been thinking on it and I'll take my money back @Blackthorne . It's better than logging into this site every week or so and dealing with folks who take valid concerns and frustrations and simply try and write them off as entitlement.

I pledged $120 to the QfI KS. I did not receive anything above and beyond the $10 tier. No t-shirt or big box or any of that. So that leaves $110 of money due back to me from that kickstarter.

I pledged $220 to the second kickstarter.  $120 of that was intended to be for the big box  + slim case addon. So that $120 is definitely due back to me.

That brings my total to $230 due back to me, after receiving my $10 QfI key and $100 for shenanigans such as the "Isle of the Honored" in OotT, which I'm not sure if I'm even there or not. Hell, I'm not even asking for my money back for the third game which may not ever even release.

It's pretty sad when an "associate producer" of the game has to ask for his money back. It's even sadder when the people behind it allow it to come to this in the first place. All, if BT is to be believed, because it was too hard to find a box.