Author Topic: Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok - v1.1 now available  (Read 41238 times)

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1039
    • View Profile
Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok - v1.1 now available
« on: February 23, 2013, 06:40:03 AM »
Crystal Shard is proud to announce the release of Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok, available for FREE download!

Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok is an adventure / RPG hybrid. Like in many adventure games, you have a world to save, and must use your wit, guile and inventory to puzzle your way through. Like in many roleplaying games, you can customize your character with various classes and skills, and must train yourself in combat to stand a chance against the fierce monsters in your way.

The game is designed in the spirit and atmosphere of the classics, and strives to have the same high quality of art, music, and plot. With multiple character classes and several solutions to many puzzles, the game has excellent replayability.

Features:
- Explore the rich world of Norse mythology!
- Three character classes with separate side quests: use your strength as a warrior, the arcane arts as a sorceress, wit and guile as a rogue, or create a hybrid with skills from multiple classes.
- 32 distinct voice acted characters with animated portraits.
- Over 100 hand-painted backgrounds and 10,000 sprites in animations.
- Many monsters, including giants, trolls, and svartalfar.
- High replayability due to optional quests, alternative solutions, and the three different classes.

Available for download from www.crystalshard.net/hq.htm .

Trailer preview:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgzU3nybN5Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgzU3nybN5Y</a>

Preview of some of the characters and voices in game:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3-WDwlmOgo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3-WDwlmOgo</a>

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HeroinesQuest

Soundtrack: http://www.indiedb.com/games/heroines-quest/downloads/heroines-quest-soundtrack

Enjoy! :)
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
Re: Heroine's Quest - trailer released!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 07:38:51 AM »
Excellent. Loving the art style and backgrounds. Look forward to this one! Well done guys!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Ilias

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 08:33:21 AM »
Looks so beautιful..
Really looking forward to that !

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 10:30:30 AM »
Bad ass.  Nice job, Fizzii--looking very much forward to this, just like everyone else!  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 10:50:39 AM »
Awesome!  Well done!  That looks awesome!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 12:41:05 AM »
I had to watch it with the sound off, but it looks awesome.  Definitely keeping an eye on this one.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 02:26:36 AM »
WOW, blown away!  I love the dialogue portrait work, especially Egther.

Intendant S, you should listen when you have a chance;  very "fantasy epic", tense strings & deep foreboding horns.  Great stuff!
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 04:26:50 PM »
Sweeeeeet.  This game has definitely been on my top 5 that I'm eagerly looking forward to...

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 09:01:22 PM »
I just saw it with sound this morning.  It's even more epic and I so look forward to it.  I'm following it on Facebook now.

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1039
    • View Profile
Re: Heroine's Quest - trailer + voices preview video
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 07:00:55 AM »
See first post for a new video showing some of the characters and voices in HQ :)
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 09:15:21 AM »
Really excellent voice work! I can't wait to see the whole game.

Quite remarkable it's going to be free. You'd have to think all that effort and time should be rewarded.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 10:55:55 AM »
Wow.  That's some great voice work and art.  I can't wait to get my hands on the game.

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 12:10:33 PM »
The voices are pretty fantastic...I love the two-headed troll.  ;)  This game, after QFI of course, is maybe my most anticipated game to be released.  Top 5 for sure.  If they're doing beta now they must be getting close, right?  Altho a game that large would probably take some time to do testing I'd imagine.

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 05:17:26 PM »
Love the music! My hat is off!
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 05:35:32 PM »
Yeah, this really looks and sounds top notch for a freeware game.  I'm a little surprised you guys aren't charging for it.  It looks worlds better than ATOTK did.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.