Author Topic: Breaking Bad......thoughts? (MASSIVE SPOILERS INSIDE)  (Read 13343 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Breaking Bad......thoughts? (MASSIVE SPOILERS INSIDE)
« on: August 13, 2013, 03:41:42 PM »
    So what are your thoughts on the show Breaking Bad?  I myself have been a Huge fan of the show since its beginning.  The writing and acting are top notch to say the least.  For those who live in a cave or desert somewhere, the show covers the downward spiral of a 50 year old hs chemistry teacher Walter White, who has cancer and decides to make meth to support his family after his death.

The show itself is groundbreaking in several ways.  It has graphic violence, profanity, sexual situations, and other Mature elements.  It's definitely Not for kids or children.

What do you think will happend to Walt?  As this is the final season here are my predictions.

I am rooting for Walt to survive cancer and the law.  I beleive that Jesse will die somehow.  I think Walt will end up killing hank (his DEA brother In law).  However Walt may finally succumb to his cancer or be killed by competitors in the drug trade.  I could go on and on about this show I Love it! :)

**********Chadly*********************

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Breaking Bad......thoughts? (MASSIVE SPOILERS INSIDE)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 04:01:49 PM »
I liked the first season well enough, but I quickly lost interest after that.  I absolutely despise media that glamorizes drugs, the drug trade, the drug lifestyle, etc., and despite the relatively strong writing, this show does a lot of that in spades.  I don't consider it necessarily ground-breaking, at least not for the reasons you mentioned.  I don't know, it's really just a big "Meh" for me.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 04:33:37 PM »
Never watched the show, but I like the theory that Breaking Bad is the prequel to Malcolm In The Middle, where Walt becomes "Hal" in Wit Sec protection...

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 05:33:02 PM »
I really like the show.  I don't feel as though it glamorizes drugs or anything close to it.  If anything it has shown that drugs DESTROY anything and everything good in a person.  I love the show for that reason.  I started out really liking Walt and not so much Jesse, but over time it has completely gone the other way.  The character development has been incredible from start to present.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 12:11:40 PM »
I liked it at first. It was fascinating watching his transformation from meek high school teacher. I lost interest after the end of Gus when the transformation became complete. At that point there was nothing left to identify with, so I no longer cared what happened to him.

Quest For Glory Fan

• Super Fan and Wonder Boy
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 23
  • Super Fan and Wonder Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 08:33:21 AM »
My prediction is that Jesse will end up killing Walt and Hank will somehow be involved and tell him about Jane or Mike or some other terrible deed. Jesse will probably get arrested and might kill himself, there's also room for Hank to die a hero's death somewhere but I wouldn't completely count on it.

We'll see, it's been a great ride so far and it has been getting better every season.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 01:01:02 AM »
I want Walt to win... the bad guy doesn't always need to get his comeuppance.

"Snitches are bitches that get stitches and wind up in ditches."  I hope the Neo-Nazis seriously mess up Jesse, Jesse's a punk for turning on Heisenberg and wanting to burn down his house.

I don't usually root for the villain but this show really makes you want to root for Walt!  ;D ;D

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 10:44:20 AM »
I couldn't disagree more bad2dabone.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 10:47:58 AM »
Yeah - Walt is not the hero of this series.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 12:08:45 PM »
Yeah, I hate Walt at this point.  The winner in this show is the message that drugs destroy everything and everyone that gets mixed up in them. 

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 01:49:33 PM »
Are you kidding?  Walt is awesome!   ;D  His only problem is he's been too soft on Hank and Jesse in the past.  Their lack of understanding is forcing the poor guy to become more ruthless to protect himself and his family.

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 02:20:23 PM »
Everything that comes out of walts mouth is a lie. that to me is worse than the drug empire thing. he's become a total shit and i don't have any sympathy left for him.
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 02:27:49 PM »
Yeah, Walt "broke bad".  A long time ago.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 12:55:58 PM »
Now that there is nothing left but the bad, there is nothing left to empathize or identify with Walt. This makes the show not worth the time. Evil without complexities or some facet you can identify with is completely boring.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 10:58:54 PM »
Now that there is nothing left but the bad, there is nothing left to empathize or identify with Walt. This makes the show not worth the time. Evil without complexities or some facet you can identify with is completely boring.

Come on!  Did you see Walt?  He was practically a saint how he attempted to spare Hank's life- repeatedly!

You're so busy villifying the poor old man you can't see all the goodness inside him!