Author Topic: Easter eggs and hidden jokes  (Read 13442 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Easter eggs and hidden jokes
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 02:08:20 PM »
eh

dont you remember the guitar ahem lute player on docks? 1.0 rohem says play freebird, he goes haha noo
or something as such

in the forums bt said he was thinking about adding the large sum to play it, but ive yet to get the bly for it
but yep the option seems there, but i dont know for sure

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 02:35:28 PM »
Ah... you rascal! Never paid attention to his name  ::)
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 02:45:21 PM »
oh well, he is the only one who plays an instrument in the game :P

sorry if that was to much spoiler, thought everyone here knew by now XD

keep me updated on how your 1.1 bar goes, not sure again the bank step, i tried random number and the bank code backer number
not sure what is going wrong there but the book in tyr never opens past the drugglejug me.
thats a deponia reference lol
druuugglejug? drugglejug!
play that game in drugglejug mode its friggen funny

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 04:47:32 PM »
Just tell me you were able to put the the "Freebird" egg is in version 1.1, providing you give Nelson the 40,000 blythos!   ;)
Freebird and Nelson (where's he)? What happens there? Evidently the Companion is going to be most interesting!

Kaldire is correct.

Nelson is the guitar player in Tyr; he's on screen with the Mills Shipping Co. and the Red Door when you first walk on the docks.

When Roehm talks to him, among the things Roehm randomly says is "Play Freebird!"  Nelson replies that he would, only if he received 40,000 blythos (!).

However, it was merely a joke/ "throw-away" line in version 1.0.  Giving him (or trying to give him) the 40,000 blythos doesn't do anything... and it was A LOT easier to get the money in version 1.0 -- especially for the Rogue -- before the "money" system was adjusted in version 1.1.

Since Blackthorne plays a pretty mean guitar, I mentioned in the forums here that a neat Easter Egg for version 1.1 would be to actually include a musical clip of "Freebird" (courtesy of Blackthorne's guitar talents) if someone DID try to pay Nelson the 40,000 blythos he requests.

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Easter eggs and hidden jokes
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 05:11:56 PM »
oh well, he is the only one who plays an instrument in the game :P

sorry if that was to much spoiler, thought everyone here knew by now XD

keep me updated on how your 1.1 bar goes, not sure again the bank step, i tried random number and the bank code backer number
not sure what is going wrong there but the book in tyr never opens past the drugglejug me.
thats a deponia reference lol
druuugglejug? drugglejug!
play that game in drugglejug mode its friggen funny
No luck thus far for 1.1 bar. One odd thing though; in both 1.0 and 1.1 while waiting for the time to run out, several minutes before you're supposed to wiz, the screen darkens a bit. Could this be a small time window to easily access the secret bar?
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 05:14:29 PM »
EDIT: nameless what did you put into the bank atm? backers code or just anything?
im so confused now as well, i cant even get to the book part, coulda sworn bt said he was going to change a way to get into the bar, but if you are only stuck at the peeing part mate, something is working for you and not myself arrg? wttttf kal
lemme know nameless

yep now just to find how to get the bly without 7 real time days of grinding :P

and i dig in prettty well, so im lost on sorc path anyway,
nameless dont forget again sorc CAN rob most places just not all things or the bank etc

a nice heads up on the bar and the change for the code at the bank (being said it would be removed for backers code only in 1.1 to change to any code to work) but again ive tried a few times since posting, noothing works and yeps im followin the same steps

anyone get the 40k bly for freebird without hex edits or programs as such?
i mainly play sorc, but on my rogue i did see a few more bly come faster but in the end seemed to level out, shrug

and WHY oh why cant i just sit on that cake in brigands room.. hhmm
i want to but rohem wont let me lol

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Easter eggs and hidden jokes
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 05:18:58 PM »

several minutes before you're supposed to wiz, the screen darkens a bit. Could this be a small time window to easily access the secret bar?

nah thats just time changing,
we used a timer, a few of us, like a watch or pc timer iphone something,
just keep trying if you got that far its odd to me, but again, you are right there

just wait longer be patient ;) that was one of the hints remember?

as for the atm, lemme know as i did that first then moonshiner, but i entered both numbers (backer and random) also just backer number and just random,  then the book doesnt see the phrase that used to work before
just confusion here

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 05:34:33 PM »
The 40k Freebird is literally a joke, no more, guys.  We couldn't license that song! It would cost more than this game would make in 10 years!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 06:03:31 PM »
hahhahahaha

no wonder

cheers for that headache over and done hehe
but surely you could play like 4-5 seconds of it, it doesnt void any contracts etc, but yeaaaa

lol funny still woulda loved to hear ya play at least the snazzy part
hehe
or have someone pay the bly and just 8bit sounds or something hehe

can u confirm if the bar is still same as 1.0 bt? doesnt seem so for me! (again prolly wrong thread for that question)
just i cant seem to trigger past the first 3 steps 4th=book no go

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2015, 08:14:25 PM »
The 40k Freebird is literally a joke, no more, guys.  We couldn't license that song! It would cost more than this game would make in 10 years!

Bt

hahhahahaha

no wonder

cheers for that headache over and done hehe
but surely you could play like 4-5 seconds of it, it doesnt void any contracts etc, but yeaaaa

lol funny still woulda loved to hear ya play at least the snazzy part
hehe
or have someone pay the bly and just 8bit sounds or something hehe

Aw, well.

Like Kaldire, I was hoping for MAYBE just a few chords played by you, BT, but I certainly understand...   ;)

It would have been AWESOME !!!

Maybe even a bit about how Nelson tells Roehm couldn't license any more of the song than just those few chords, or at least waiting for it to go "public domain" !

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 10:54:31 PM »
or.. like some do, play it off key so it sounds almost nothing like it, or its to high and or to low etc

tenacious d had to do that with 'the greatest song in the world' for stairway to heaven in the end.. and finally they just removed the bit altogether to avoid.. paying out lol
but i doubt thats a worry now for them shrug

or at least tom anyway (jack)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 07:55:41 AM »
tenacious d had to do that with 'the greatest song in the world' for stairway to heaven in the end.. and finally they just removed the bit altogether to avoid.. paying out lol

Just like one of my favorite jokes from Wayne's World, when Wayne starts playing a few notes of "Stairway," then gets directed to the sign that says "No Stairway To Heaven"...

"No Stairway?  Denied!"

In the subsequent home video releases, they had to remove the original and replace it with some other bit of music... and the joke now no longer makes any sense!  ???

Although, in retrospect, I wonder if they were being a bit cheeky by even including it in the original movie.  Was the scene a commentary on the litigious nature of Zep (which still got them in trouble)?  Or was it just a funny joke at the expense of the ubiquitous classic rock song?