Author Topic: Quest for Infamy v2.0 progress thread  (Read 46938 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Quest for Infamy v2.0 progress thread
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2016, 01:50:34 AM »
very awesome cool cats

keep rockin
be well and stay healthy and happy!

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

shoptroll

• Lackey
  • Liked: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2016, 10:23:07 PM »
I could be wrong, but I'd say keep playing 1.1 it to finish it up.  It's truly a great game.

I'm slow at adventure games (ok games in general I guess), and when Steam is telling me I spent 14 hours on QfI 1.0 and wasn't out of Act 1 and Shawn's saying on the BSD podcast it's a 12-14 hour game... Well then, it's probable that 1.2 or 2.0 will land when I'm in the middle of the game and would have to start over!  ;D (The joys of AGS!)

SE is something Shawn and I are working on; just goes beyond fixing a few bugs, enhancing a few game play elements, and changing the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9, that's the big one - we'll be making it portable to mobile devices like tablets, etc - has some minor graphical tweeks and some audio fixes, etc.  It's pretty cool.  We're also working on Roehm to Ruin right now as well, and - of course - we're developing Fortress of Fire as well.  We have a few projects on our plate, but the pace is definitely slower because we have less hands on deck and less time to work on things.

And yeah I figured radio silence was mostly due to you guys being busy, I hope my inquiry wasn't an annoyance (or status update begging).  I first saw mention of the Special Edition and naturally wanted to know more because that was the first time I heard about it :)  And totally take the time you need to get these done!

Based on what you and Klytos have said, is the SE then just the name for the tablet version?  And thank you both for the insight into what's going on.  That was far more of a response than I was expecting and it's always interesting to read about what goes into updates for existing games and the problems you're working on for new games.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 12:35:41 AM »
It's not "just" a tablet version, any of the implemented changes will be pushed to the PC / Linux versions too, the only difference will be the old-fashioned pulldown menu won't work on the tablet version.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

shoptroll

• Lackey
  • Liked: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 10:51:38 PM »
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification!

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2016, 08:45:11 AM »
No probs. I'm happy that you're happy!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2016, 07:24:32 AM »
Hello everybody!
I did something I've never expected me to do: I've installed Steam, just to be able to play the 2.0-beta. :D And I'd describe me as a steamophobe and radical misosteamist, so that step proves just how desperate I am after the new version... ;) Is this the most up to date version of the game?
How is development going?
Cheers
Alex

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2016, 09:14:07 AM »
This is the most current publicly available version, yes - you are able to copy the files from the steam directory into another one of your choosing and delete Steam off your computer if you don't want to keep it around as well.

Bt

lemonrev

• Recruit
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2017, 10:18:40 PM »
Does Anyone know about the QFI Books ? It seems as of Jan 1st and Right now, there still are a few books that still need to be sent out.

Any luck ?

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2017, 01:52:51 AM »
As another quarter of a year passed since the last post in this thread, I would like to ask once again about the developments. ;) Is there anything new? Just can't get that 2.0 out of my head and have always to come back to this thread...

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2017, 07:36:46 AM »
Hey! Not much more to update right now; we've been focusing our efforts on Roehm to Ruin lately, and then after that, Order of the Thorne: Fortress of Fire.  We just don't have the time or the staff to work on lots of things at once any more; this isn't our primary job anymore, sadly! I wish it was. But, little things have been done here and there.  One of the biggest aspects of it is testing the work... and then bigger testing later.  In a game like QFI, changing little things can often have a ripple effect and you find a minor change you made in Act I screws with something in Act III!!  It'll happen, but things are just very very slow around here.

Bt

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2017, 11:32:09 AM »
@Blackthorne
I understand. And it's great to hear you are working on the other two games. :)
As you talk about testing and possible bugs: May I ask what version is the most stable at the moment and would be recommendable to play? The old 2.0-beta from Steam or the official 1.2? As I understand it, there isn't much added to the 2.0-beta, so I wouldn't miss much by playing 1.2?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2017, 01:52:51 PM »
Yeah, the 2.0 beta on there doesn't have much more than the official 1.2 - mostly just some minor bugfixes and behind the scenes stuff players would not notice.

Bt

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2017, 03:16:38 PM »
Yeah, the 2.0 beta on there doesn't have much more than the official 1.2 - mostly just some minor bugfixes and behind the scenes stuff players would not notice.

Bt

Plus, I believe that IQ fixed the "Endless First Night" exploit for version 2.0.   :'(

This exploit allows/allowed you to grind your stats without penalty -- not even death could stop Mr. Roehm that night!...   ;)

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2017, 05:33:18 PM »
Thank you for your answers. I'll go with 1.2 then for my next game.

There is something strange about the version on itch.io however: Some voicefiles don't play in the itch.io-1.2 - for example if Roehm drinks from the river, his answer isn't voiced and in other dialogues only some of his and other character's lines are voiced.  I've noticed that the speech.vox of the itch.io-1.2 is significantly smaller than one from GOG-1.1 (yes GOG still only has the long outdated 1.1) -  660 MB compared to 930 MB. The whole download package on GOG weights 1,43 GB compared to the 1,18 GB from itch.io. In the GOG-1.1 all dialogues are voiced.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2017, 12:18:32 AM »
just wanted to confirm that issue on the itch.io version

odd .. but tis true on win 7 64 bit pro here.

havent tested it in win 10 or 8
but im sure it wouldnt matter

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"