Author Topic: Where and how to purchase QFI 1.1  (Read 9489 times)

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
Where and how to purchase QFI 1.1
« on: February 12, 2015, 10:30:48 AM »
Something is amiss with my copy of 1.0 and it won't even install after uninstalling it several weeks ago.

Can I just download the new 1.1 and also get the companion, etc. when everything else is available?

Can I download QFI 1.1 from Infamous Quests and will you accept a prepaid debit card. Other methods and credit cards have long ago left a most unpleasant after-taste.

If all the above is possible, either let me know here or by email and how to go about it, and how much should I have on the debit card.  :)
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Where and how to purchase QFI 1.1
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 12:03:29 PM »
Where did you originally purchase QFI?

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 12:22:29 PM »
I think it was green man or something like that. Honestly, I just don't remember. Don't really care. Apparently you're trying to save me money, but experience has shown me the quickest way is a new purchase.

So tell me, do you guys have the download for the full 1.1 and will you accept debit/pre-paid visa? Plain and simple, nothing else.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 12:45:54 PM »
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 01:25:02 PM »
Is it bad that I totally didn't know we sold the game on our own website?  haha
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 01:27:24 PM »
Ok, but that still shows old version from july last year. I may be picky, but rather than having to patch it to 1.1, wouldn't the full 1.1 be best. Except maybe getting 1.0 and patching it to 1.1, does that involve more funds or steam? I do NOT care for steam! All I want is to get to 1.1 drm free.

And what about the companion, etc. is that included or extra funds and how much?

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 01:30:52 PM »
Is it bad that I totally didn't know we sold the game on our own website?  haha

Nope it's only been there since 1.1 came out!

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 01:32:57 PM »
Ok, but that still shows old version from july last year. I may be picky, but rather than having to patch it to 1.1, wouldn't the full 1.1 be best. Except maybe getting 1.0 and patching it to 1.1, does that involve more funds or steam? I do NOT care for steam! All I want is to get to 1.1 drm free.

The link Bt posted is to the 1.1 version.  The page just has an old date on it.  You'll see version 1.1 in the download description when you click the button there.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 01:34:42 PM »
Is the companion and other stuff included or extra. How much? also, didn't see anything about a debit card being accepted. Tried using one in an international transaction and it was refused.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 01:35:40 PM »
And what about the companion, etc. is that included or extra funds and how much?

When the QFI Companion comes out, it'll be on sale on the website - both eBook editons and physical copies.

Bt

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 01:39:18 PM »
Didn't see a debit card as being one of the accepted payment methods.

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 01:42:27 PM »
The store will accept Visa or Mastercard Debit Cards only. That or Paypal if you've linked another debit card to that.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 01:43:04 PM »
Gotcha!

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 02:48:30 PM »
Finally downloading. In addition to activating my debit card, I also had to register it with a physical address. They also needed my ssn (hope that doesn't put me up the creek).

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 05:44:40 PM »
Oh fiddlesticks! I guess I was too late...  :'(

If anyone else has troubles with the game or doesn't have it at all, I'll just leave this here: removed by mod

**Mod note:  Not sure we as a company approve of people posting Steam keys to our game on our forums.  We are trying to sell this thing, you know.  I'm removing the key for now--if Klytos or Blackthorne say it's okay, we can put it back up.  --Lambo
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 10:25:55 PM »
@Dosbox,  Hey dude i love free games but QFI wasnt made for free,  These guys need to be paid to make any more Fucking Awesome games, such as a the sequel to Quest for Infamy and more.  So lets not give free games out dude.! >:(   Chadly ;)
**********Chadly*********************

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 01:29:40 AM »
No need to pile up on Dosbox; he's been a loyal fan around here for a while.  No harm done.

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 03:06:39 AM »
@Lambonius I don't suppose this will make the situation any better if I say I bought it for 10€ some time ago from Desura with a purpose to give it away at some point?

@Chadly Read what I wrote to mr. Lamb.  :-[

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 05:05:34 AM »
@Lambonius I don't suppose this will make the situation any better if I say I bought it for 10€ some time ago from Desura with a purpose to give it away at some point?

It'd probably be better to post the offer to give it away to the first PM you get, rather than just dumping the key in the public forums.  At this point I suppose it probably could have already been used, and you'd never know unless you tried to use it yourself.  You can go ahead and repost it if you like--I was unclear on the whole single-use aspect of Steam keys, to be honest.  Sorry for the public wrist-slap.  :)

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 05:40:58 AM »
It's all cool and I respect your decision, maybe I should've indeed approached with it in a different way. If it hasn't been used yet, I'll probably give it to a friend.  8)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 06:36:47 AM »
DosBox, you're totally okay in my book! If no one has claimed the key, please PM him to claim it!

Bt