Author Topic: Revisiting the five steps to BT  (Read 146606 times)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Revisiting the five steps to BT
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2014, 06:28:59 PM »
Coming in late here, but BT's clues about finding himself -- Jonestown, White Rabbit, etc. -- would lead me to believe that Roehm needs to drink/take "something" to put him into an altered state.  An out-of-body experience?  Hence the way-out and wacky fight screen background...

Almost drug-induced, perhaps?  And could the "XX" be a reference to the effects of this "self-medication"?  Cartoon X's over the eyes typically signify death, but also being knocked out cold.

(At first I thought it was something about Roehm having to kill himself, but BT says it's not about death.)

And it appears BT is located in a "virtual" bar...

Far away from a computer that can play QFI at the moment and just playing catch-up on the forum posts, but wanted to put in my two ¢...

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Revisiting the five steps to BT
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2014, 07:14:11 PM »
cant find a way to bottle the swamp water thad do the trick

but in terms of drink me, maybe drinking water from a flask then typing something idk

ahh on track of the quote , just not sure how to take it, as a song ref or as a ref from the song to alice,
as alice grows about 5 times in 2 books, not just once..
grrr

if its the song,  has to be something odd
but yea alice did drink to get smaller also she said curiouser and curiouser a lot in that mix of the first morph but not in the later ones.. grr

garrr

I know you think you can find lots in the hex, and you can, but unless you have the sourcefiles from the ags studio, you wont find anything this run like space quest 2 people did lol
sooo yea all you will find is the books and what they say, not the answers those will be in code that one cant read   even bt said this run hex editing wont lead you to that answer they learned from sq2 
or was it someone else on the team shrug

it does exist, or this thread wouldnt  though wouldnt that be a nice joke lol
nahh
they arent that cruel!
.. rubs chin.. or areee they lol nahh

btw garrr bt said if you did all the previous steps the next step will reveal itself when doing the book

my question which is prolly a give away is if its
1. more than one word
2. backwards

both would suck! lol

waves fist

I think im still stuck on step 2, not knowing what that fully is, but I MIGHT have the last everything

sing it boysss

your my first... my last... my everyyyythinnnga''
ahem

or *cough   ROHEM   excuse me got a bad cold from that south wind in volksville, damned valley winds always kick up my allergies
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Revisiting the five steps to BT
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2014, 08:18:02 PM »
Coming in late here, but BT's clues about finding himself -- Jonestown, White Rabbit, etc. -- would lead me to believe that Roehm needs to drink/take "something" to put him into an altered state.  An out-of-body experience?  Hence the way-out and wacky fight screen background...

Almost drug-induced, perhaps?  And could the "XX" be a reference to the effects of this "self-medication"?  Cartoon X's over the eyes typically signify death, but also being knocked out cold.

(At first I thought it was something about Roehm having to kill himself, but BT says it's not about death.)

And it appears BT is located in a "virtual" bar...

Far away from a computer that can play QFI at the moment and just playing catch-up on the forum posts, but wanted to put in my two ¢...

damn bt said its not about death this run in terms of killing yourself, doh
there goes that theory

and yea virtual bar,  nirvana bar idk mid rift time warp bar, whatever,
prolly the bar at the end of the universe, just a thought

grr so we have all steps up to 5 and im really close with the help of you fine folks and the many clues

we almost have this
and again please if you figure it out, dont spam to the world, let us try to sort it!
id appreciate that

if its possible

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2014, 08:52:04 PM »
5.  You're on track.  You have the necessary means necessary means to complete the task, and double X doesn't mark a spot - you do.  Double X, well, you'll have to wait to find out what that means.

Bt

hmm got a feeling its not literally 2 x's

http://jimmyakin.com/2005/08/doublex_marks_t.html

is this close? where xx can be a variable

but then there are bridges or fences that look like X's but one is said to mark the double x not it marking you

where we all end up and where all things may end up,  dirt, ground, coffee grounds? time.. late.. grrr
if this is a specific time of day thing oh no no
hope not, lol
its like only on day 12 at night you type in a word after crossing all the bridges and then ahh
lol
i can feel it in our hands, wait no thats poop let me go wash up..
eww damn outhouse

miriya

• Villain
  • Liked: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2014, 09:07:17 PM »
Is burning the moonshiner only possible if you've done all the previous steps?

Longsunrise

• Recruit
  • Liked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2014, 10:01:43 PM »
Is burning the moonshiner only possible if you've done all the previous steps?

Hey Miriya,

You don't have to do the steps to find Bt in order to burn the moonshiner - just click the sword icon on him when you find him in Act 2.

I only stumbled on this when I was restoring some old save games I had (on runs I had not done step 1 & 2).

miriya

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2014, 10:07:47 PM »
You don't have to do the steps to find Bt in order to burn the moonshiner - just click the sword icon on him when you find him in Act 2.

When I do that, he just runs off.  I tried it before and after getting the money, with and without stealth mode, and any other combination I could think of.  My infamy's at 225 at that point, so I don't think that's it.  What am I missing?

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2014, 12:16:06 AM »
its kinda simple yet  .. hell the first time i didnt even mean to do it

when you send him off to get his money,  just use the sword icon on him as he walks away and POW
zap!

whats odd is  .. not sure if its a bug, but I got infamy for messing with him, then let him go and zap kill and more infamy, then I could still break his stuff for more..
odd  breaking the stuff when he is gone and dead already.. lol

just before he runs to far off, (near the bridge) yep i said bridge... hope thats not a BT clue there ffs in those woods  where thou cannot cross
just use the attack icon on him and tada
let me/us know if that zapped him for ya

first time i was just fooling around.. haha

to bad ya cant pee in the volksville water supply, or poison a bee to kill the hive, so many thoughts I haveith'

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2014, 12:28:56 PM »

When I do that, he just runs off.  I tried it before and after getting the money, with and without stealth mode, and any other combination I could think of.  My infamy's at 225 at that point, so I don't think that's it.  What am I missing?

You need to have stuff to burn him with...
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

miriya

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2014, 02:05:26 PM »

You need to have stuff to burn him with...

I figured out why it wasn't working.  I had the tinderbox and alcohol, but it's actually the flint that provides the trigger.  Is there a particular reason why the tinderbox won't do it and the flint is necessary?  For everything else that burns, the tinderbox has worked just fine.

miriya

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2014, 02:39:28 PM »
I never thought of that. Rarely bought the tinderbox or even used it. However, there is a use for the tinderbox. Save, then combine tinderbox with smaller flint  :o

Hahaha!  That was great! 

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2014, 03:33:14 PM »
You've forgotten a step.  The gadget.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

miriya

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2014, 05:29:38 PM »
Step 3... numbers. Gadgets. Find a gadget with numbers. Any number, pick a number, Pick Douglas Adams favorite number! It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, but if you play the game.

Does this just mean to play with the ATM and any numbers would work? 

Step 5 - Remember - EVERYONE ends up here.. or near here, or in here. Somethings have eternity to wait, but you don't. XX marks the spot. Tie it together.

So this seems like it would be in or near the graveyard.

Bt likes you to pay attention;  give credit where credit is due.  He also likes numbers and he likes fire.

Be patient and be hydrated.

I'd say the semicolon means that watching the intro and giving credit are part of the same step.  Do the rest refer to the four remaining steps?  Numbers, fire, patient, hydrated?

You're on the right track with your early work, but step 5 and beyond... well... the bookcase comes here, and back to Dodson.  You'll have to go Jonestown on this one.... and then solve what's beyond.

The last step is the final step - everyone's final resting place, of at least somewhere inside it.  XX doesn't mark the spot, but you do.

"To mark" can mean to urinate on something.

The path of the righteous dude is beset on all sides by a series of events.  It starts before you even start, and follows the rule of three.

Bt likes numbers and gadgets. You should too.

Sometimes, you can escape the fire, but others can't.

Those who know? Dodgson knows. Dodgson tells.

Finally, you'll say "finally" and then sigh with relief.

You'll have to traverse the world to put it all together.

Ok, what's the rule of three?  I can't figure out where this ties in.

So what I've got so far:

1)  Watch the whole intro, including the credits
2)  Use numbers in something gadgety  (the ATM?)
3)  Set the moonshiner on fire
4)  Type in the "those who know" book (but what, I'm not sure)
5)  Urinate on something, perhaps the rug in the house in the graveyard

Am I on the right track?

miriya

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2014, 05:49:24 PM »
This seems to make more sense:

1-2)  Watch the whole intro, including the intro credits
3)  Use numbers in something gadgety  (the ATM?)
4)  Set the moonshiner on fire
5)  Type in the "those who know" book (but what, I'm not sure)

Elsewhere in these threads, and quite early, it was posted that Dodgson knows.

But those are only four steps.  And how do they answer the references to XX, being hydrated, or the place where everyone ends up?

miriya

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2014, 05:59:03 PM »
just think now.... 1 and 2 are done by doing two different things at the very start: Watching the intro credits, and Watching the epilogue where Roehm finally ends up outside Volksville.
I disagree.  I'm standing by my interpretation of "marking" as being a reference to the rug in the cemetery.  Does anyone else have ideas?