Author Topic: [Rogue] Finale Error  (Read 2718 times)

Voleris

[Rogue] Finale Error
« on: July 22, 2014, 05:51:32 PM »
As a Rogue: the game crashes during the finale
Spoiler (hover to show)
and I get the following error message:

(ASI version 3.3.0.1160) scripting error

"room151.asc", line 202

Error: FaceCharacter: characters are in different rooms.

My System Specs:
Sony VAIO Laptop
Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(TM) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I bought my copy of QFI through the Humble Store and I'm currently running the game as an Administrator due to the "null pointer error.

I hope I can see the rest of the finale soon. Thanks! :)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: [Rogue] Finale Error
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 06:10:14 PM »
If you can send me a save game from before the final battle with Rayford, I may be able to help you.

This bug is coming from earlier in the game; when you leave Tyr for the first time, Voleris asks you to join the Mayor for tea.  This is not supposed to happen in Act3, when the finale happens.... I don't know how this occurred.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 06:12:40 PM »
It seems to be possible to miss that scene if you always use the fast-travel map to warp out of Tyr, instead of leaving through the gate like normal.  This is probably what caused the bug.

You should be able to correct the issue yourself if you are able to restore an earlier save (any time before Act III), go to Tyr, and then walk out the front gate.  The scene should trigger and then it won't be an issue in the final act.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Voleris

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 07:12:02 PM »
I've attached my savegame. 
Spoiler (hover to show)

I always used the fast travel map to navigate in and out of Tyr.  I'll try restoring before Act III to trigger the Tea event and let you know my results.

I appreciate your help! Thanks! :)

UPDATE: I restored the game before the end of Act II, left Tyr through the front gates, and triggered the Tea event.  I finished the rest of the game and there were no crashes during the finale.

Thanks for all of your help and making an awesome Adventure/RPG!  I'm looking forward to playing as a Brigand and Sorcerer next! :)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 11:04:49 PM »
Voleris, the fact that you're username is "Voleris" tickles me to death.  Thanks for the heads-up here - it'll be fixed in our update.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."