Author Topic: I been working on the Volksville.... all the live long day....  (Read 7707 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Hey friends, kiddies, rogues, barbarians and hairdressers of all kinds,

Bt here.  Just going a little insane after staring at game code all day long.  Yeah, it's been another one of those long days of working on the game.  Slowly, but surely, things are starting to come together.  I've really been working hard and putting in little touches here and there - some sound effects for more ambience - NPCs to talk to and explore... little animations that make the difference.  Interactions that are interesting and sometimes funny.

I can tell you one thing - this world of QFI is vast.  I did a ton of work today, and I feel like I didn't even touch much of the entire game!

It's been great though - We're almost entirely done with the background art now - I think I can count on one hand (twice) how many backgrounds we have left.  Jason, Ivan and Fizzii have been working like crazy to get them done.  Lambonious, in particular, has been working like a beast monster, and I think that he might turn into a mad scientist when this is all over.

Jenny has turned it several new portraits for characters, and I added several into the game's build recently, and it's always amazing how much character they add... when Jeremy's sprites, Jenny's portraits and my writing come together to breathe life into a character... it's amazing!  I love it... I get giddy like a kid.

Well, it's the 30th anniversary of King's Quest this year, too.  30 years.  Some of you haven't even been alive 30 years.  Sadly, I have, AND THEN SOME.  But, hey, who's counting.... except, well, the Earth....

Anyway, 30 years of KQ.... that adventure game classic.  Without it, I wouldn't be here, and I know many of you can say the same thing.

So, yeah, I was working all day on this, and to take a break, I came out here to write this to you.  Just to expel some of my crazy, but also to thank all those who support us... this is going to be crazy fun when we get it all done, lemme tell you!!

We'll keep keeping you posted - I'll be sending out a Kickstarter Update soon, too, with some exclusive pictures for everyone!

Thanks again, peeps.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

LTGiants2000

Re: I been working on the Volksville.... all the live long day....
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 04:55:39 PM »
Thanks for all your work to the entire team. As a (small) backer I can say I am happy to see constant progress and commitment from you guys and the thought of being able to eventually explore Volksville make ME giddy like a kid! Keep it up, you are ALL appreciated!  ;D

-Rob McManus (LTGiants2000)

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 08:36:02 PM »
Just don't go too crazy or I'll get Warden Cordes to admit you to Hanwell.   :o
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »
Just don't go too crazy or I'll get Warden Cordes to admit you to Hanwell.   :o

Yikes!  I don't think it's a very soothing place to recover!!!!!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Sektor

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 04:36:16 AM »
Looking forward to it.

I noticed in the demo, some backgrounds have animated fireplaces but others have static fire. Is this still the case in the full game?

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 07:49:35 AM »
Nah, it won't be the case in the full game.  When we made the original demo there were naturally time constraints and very few of us working on it so we did our best to cram in as much as we could to give you guys a flavour of the game.  The full game will have a much higher level of consistency and plenty more eyes to double check everything towards the end :)

Which fires did you notice were static, btw, so we can take a look?  It may already have been addressed.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 03:16:20 PM »
Haha Bt...hope today is better and you take a much needed break!  Sounds like you guys are burning the midnight oil over there...I hope you all take a break and can have a great weekend.  Happy Father's Day to all those great, zany Dads out there too.

Cheers!  (we need an emoticon for that IMO)   :D

Sarah

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 09:12:50 PM »
Is Father's day different in different countries? It's first Sunday of September here.

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 09:14:48 PM »
Well Mothers Day is def different country to country, or at least very different dates between the States and the UK.  Father's Day is tomorrow for us, so I guess the answer's yes Shawn :)
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 09:30:41 PM »
It's this Sunday in the U.S.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.