Author Topic: Helping IQ make classic games  (Read 2816 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Helping IQ make classic games
« on: April 09, 2015, 07:03:39 PM »
   Ok, just read Klytos memo on what he does all day, about making games. Great Post :)  Here is what i do as a fan of classic games.  I tell al my friends that These Games are being made again for cheap!  I support them via kickstarter and then buy a couple copies....   I give so much credit to the designers for taking the risk to make these type of games on a shoestring budget.  Shit most my friends are married and divorced, with jobs, kids, and responsibilities to even take the time to play computer games anymore.  Now im single (at the moment. hello ladies!) and work a lot but gaming is my hobby and stress relief.  So i am willing to do whatever it takes to see these games made, instead of shit boring first player shooters which sadly have become the norm.  Damn it to hell,  why are we as gamers so involved in these games and MMO's that that is all we play??  The answer is simple: thats all thats being made!  I'm tired of it!  So Kudoes ti IQ and the few others, who step outside the box to once again make an original thinking games. I hope that there is more to come!                     Chadly. :D
**********Chadly*********************

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Helping IQ make classic games
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 04:08:14 PM »
huzaaah!

i doth concur

oddly enough though now the unreal engine is free!
ack
chris is maad :) 
as tex murphy tesla effect started off with unreal but it would have cost 500k to use, not now its free
damned unity, though i like the engine there is just much more you can do with unreal

we coded the first map, the main street the diner the hotel etc all in unreal and chris had to scrap it.
doh

kudos on this post mate
just get the games, playtest the iq ones as best you can . try to break them, the goal of any tester  :)
use everything on everything  etc
click everywhere
help that way :)

tis fun XD
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 12:02:12 PM »
I would like to make a game with Unreal 4 and Unity 5 someday - as well as AGS.  It would be a dream to work on different kinds of projects, too - as I have an affinity for all kinds of games people classify as "retrogames".

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 01:44:46 PM »
kal chants

tass times in tone town .. tass times in tone town
hehe
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"