Author Topic: Anyone tried the Rhem 1-4 series?  (Read 2549 times)

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
Anyone tried the Rhem 1-4 series?
« on: April 19, 2015, 11:34:06 AM »
I'm presently struggling with Rhem 1. Even had to resort to a couple of walkthroughs (seems there are only the two available). What really ticks me off is the inability or reluctance to give precise directions: For instance, you start out by being lead precisely through several check points, doing things, told to remember this or that location and what it contains. Then after several minutes, you're instructed to go back to a certain spot and no directions are given. Hell, my memory is only just good to a certain point, and I cannot store mental maps.

Seems as if several things are recycled in different authors walkthroughs, leaving me to question whether or not these authors have actually even started the games.

Does anyone know of a walkthrough for Rhem 1 that has precise directions in returning to a previous location or object rather than just saying to go back to the location you first were at several minutes or hours ago? I guess I could completely cover one wall with blank paper and plot all movements. But I was hoping to do some games before going to the great reward.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone tried the Rhem 1-4 series?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 09:31:58 AM »
Finally, I know of a walkthrough, for Rhem 1, that leaves very little to get upset about. After playing part way through several times and making crude maps and taking notes, each time I can progress a little farther. The most difficult part is trying to describe the puzzles without pictures. I've been playing and replaying portions, for the last week, and am almost half way through. Actually losing sleep every night or two. I shudder to think what Rhem 2, 3, and 4 will be like.

I highly recommend the Rhem series. Quite similar to the Myst series.

By the way, one person made the Rhem series.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.