Author Topic: What do y'all think of "mage's initiation"?  (Read 43080 times)

Sslaxx

• Recruit
  • Liked: 2
    • Sslaxx
    • https://twitter.com/Sslaxx
    • View Profile
Re: What do y'all think of "mage's initiation"?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2013, 08:30:21 PM »
Hey, thanks man!  You know, it really is the support of the fans and the word of mouth you provide that helps us.  We really do have an awesome cadre of fans around here.

Bt

Sure, my pleasure!  It has been a while since I have done much game evangelizing..

Such a wonderful game to do and beyond any doubt the best Ultima remake to date.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

asianmusicguy

• Villain
  • Liked: 16
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 05:16:00 PM »
I really want to see H.S. reach its $110000 stretch goal  as it seems the most art and detail heavy goal I did my best but i cant go any higher I think a lot of us here  on the forums know of or started our roots over at AGDI/H.S. forums they are just a amazing group of people AGDI was my first forum EVER and I was quite the noob. that was way back in 2005 thats where i meet BT and he used to rag on me for my grammar  use. being a noob back then I did not appreciate his sense of humor  now I absolutely love the guy and would give him the shirt of my back. AGDI is also where i heard about Kings quest 9 I would not have backed anyone's kickstarter and not have the opportunity and memory's I have now without AGDI
I would not have even made the wonderful friendships I have now.
The point is guys these are people that gave us memories that gave us friendships and in ways big or small have changed our lives.

I realize we are all kickstarter draind but people like H.s. Infamous Quests, phoenix online studios are the people who truly need support not double fine not dreamfall chapters not Chris Roberts of  Wing Commander fame the list goes on;these folks could easily make it on there own.
so i guess what I am saying here is give what you can and when you do think of how much even a small amount means to that  independent studio EVERY  single penny makes a difference

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2112639455/mages-initiation-a-classic-sierra-style-adventure/posts
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 06:20:40 PM »
I will be donating to them shortly--been holding out because money was tight back when their kickstarter first launched.  I'll get in before the end though.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 06:34:59 PM »
Yeah sorry for the long speech I just love to support people in my "family" so to speak ive made some great friends over the years  in the adventure community and try my best to help .
PS could i compete with BT for  nostalgia?

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 07:17:42 PM »
Hahah!  You could, My friend!  Heh... thanks for the kind words... and encouragement - to everyone!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 07:30:14 PM »
No problem man. It's all from the heart

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2013, 09:56:52 PM »
So, I have a confession to make--I wasn't really into trying out Mage's Initiation, based solely on the fact that I'm just not very interested in being a Mage, Warlock, Sorcerer, whatever...I'm not a magic user.   :P  Anyway, against my better judgement I downloaded the demo today...

I am hooked.   ;)

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 11:02:05 PM »
 yeah it  slowly moving I have a personal goal for them of 110,000 to get the most details game as shown by the strch goal image even if everyone here could spare $100  it would help

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2013, 01:45:05 AM »
Oh yes, I am definitely contributing now.  It's awesome.

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2013, 02:33:58 AM »
Demo was short and a bit bugged, but not bad otherwise.  Could use a bit more in terms of the close in fighting and not dying though that could be me.
When you're a farrier you need to know these things

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2013, 01:09:19 PM »
For those interested, we're hosting a AMA on reddit right now!

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1aeyg7/we_are_the_development_team_behind_the_kings/

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2013, 12:45:26 PM »
Yeah, I really enjoyed the Mage's Demo.  It really whetted my appetite to play more.  I've heard some people complaining about combat, but I liked it.  I did die once during it.... which is fine.  That's going to happen.  I think it's amusing when people get upset that they die in combat or something.  People have no gaming stamina these days.  No one wants to lose.  Kind of indicative of a larger social issue, methinks.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2013, 06:58:52 PM »
once I got the hang of it I thought it was ok, but I do think they need something for close quarters - that guy fought worse than I could at close quarters.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2013, 07:40:59 PM »
Yeah, at close quarters it gets dicey - I was always on the run, so I was casting melee spells.

Bt

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2013, 09:24:23 PM »
I could barely do anything, kept on running out of mana, or the game crashed.

Ah well, I did eventually learn to run away