Author Topic: Decided to replay Dungeon Lords, however...  (Read 4372 times)

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
Decided to replay Dungeon Lords, however...
« on: August 30, 2016, 10:30:09 AM »
Both version 1.4 and c1.5 does just fine up until I try to leave Fargrove out the west gate and the game freezes. I get the following with both game versions:

TerrQuad.ReadTerr0bjfileInfo:: Invalid Slot #6

Running as administrator and even compatibility mode (that changes savegame location) does no good. Some time back I could cheat the save file to uber levels and seemed that nothing could break the game. Now playing without cheating and I get the error. Possibly it's something in Windows 7. Even have a 32 bit Vista system and still the same problem. Have any of you ever had similar issues with Any game and how was it resolved?
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
Re: Decided to replay Dungeon Lords, however...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 03:00:18 PM »
Both version 1.4 and c1.5 does just fine up until I try to leave Fargrove out the west gate and the game freezes. I get the following with both game versions:

TerrQuad.ReadTerr0bjfileInfo:: Invalid Slot #6

Running as administrator and even compatibility mode (that changes savegame location) does no good. Some time back I could cheat the save file to uber levels and seemed that nothing could break the game. Now playing without cheating and I get the error. Possibly it's something in Windows 7. Even have a 32 bit Vista system and still the same problem. Have any of you ever had similar issues with Any game and how was it resolved?
I noticed the recommendations for the games are Windows XP, so I ran the installer.exe in XP compatibility mode, then ran the game itself in XP mode. Now I can go out the Fargrove west gate with no hangup. Go figure....
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 05:08:24 PM »
I have a mighty tall order (well... not really). I'm looking for a non steam version, of Dungeon Lords MMXII for PC with latest game patch 1.6xx or whatever it may be. Anybody got it and what does it take to get it?

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 01:29:21 AM »
u can get the retail kinda anywhere  esp uk.

then patch

gl installing it..

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 07:13:11 AM »
@nameless   Try googling " Dungeon Lords", or amazon, or EBay.  You will find it.
**********Chadly*********************

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 08:01:51 AM »
OK Kaldire and Chadly, trouble is, I don't like pay-pal and I don't have a credit card. I've seen it with 2 day shipping from Europe. In the meantime I'll continue on with c1.5. Current play throughs for versions 1-c1.5 is about in the 70's. One gamer claimed to have played through 100 times!

thanks for info