Author Topic: Infamous Quests Forum and Website Policy  (Read 17743 times)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Infamous Quests Forum and Website Policy
« on: August 03, 2012, 05:01:13 AM »
Terms and Conditions
Use of the Infamous Quests website and forums is subject to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions do not use this website. Use of this website indicates that you accept these terms and conditions.

Your Contributions to Forum Activity
Any and all feedback on Infamous Quests or our products is most welcome!

Infamous Quests shall be the exclusive owner of any material you post on our forums or submit to us via any other method, unless otherwise arranged with us in writing. This is to avoid any disputes which may arise if the future content or actions of Infamous Quests appears similar to those suggested in unsolicited creative material submitted to us. Bottom line, we are discussing things about puzzles, gameplay and other creative actions in relation to computer games, there's going to be occasions where somebody comes up with an idea we're already working on and might attempt to claim credit or monetary reward.

We do not accept submissions for games or content unless requested by us. We are open and honest, but we don't want to be caught in a compromising position with our works. Talk to us in general terms first and see if we're interested!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lupin

• Lackey
  • Liked: 1
  • Magic Knight and Time Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Infamous Quests Forum and Website Policy
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »
It is sad when things like this happen, but I know it does happen.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 07:34:59 PM »
Agreed. I don't like it either, but gotta cover our own asses as well as other peoples!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 08:51:21 PM »
Its sad that sites nowadays have to post the obvious in their terms and conditions. LEts all thank the fucking lawyers for that. hah!  Well always look  out for #1, but don't step in #2. haha. ;D
**********Chadly*********************

Lupin

• Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 12:23:43 PM »
One stupid thing is, let's say one of us on here did happen to post a good idea that you hadn't thought of, but did want to use. You would think that the having one of your ideas in a game would be enough then to try and claim some of the profits of the game.

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 07:17:04 PM »
Well, precisely. And that's why the T&C specifically spell out that no, you get nothing. You lose! Good day, sir! Well, it's sort of a win because your idea went into the game, but it's no longer your idea; it's theirs. Hence, if you want any credit for your idea, keep it hush-hush and arrange with the developers privately. Personally, I love the idea of my input being part of a creative work, but I wouldn't ask for money in return. Heck, in this case, I paid $5000 for the privilege of possibly having some of my ideas used in the game.

Hey, there's an idea for a T&C modification. If you post a gameplay idea on the forums, and it gets used, you owe QFI $5000. That would keep people honest! "Oh, no, that idea in the game is NOTHING like what I suggested! I have no claim to it whatsoever!" Now there's a way to reach your stretch goals!

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 09:09:08 PM »
Haha...nice.  :)

I like to think about it this way, when I first started doing art and other work for IA's free remakes, we all had an understanding that every piece of work produced was considered a donation the minute it hit the forums.  This is basically the same concept.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 12:18:50 PM »
Just a simple question.  If i want to submit an idea or two, will you not even read it? Do i make a thread "suggestions for the game?" Should i P.M. to someone at I.Q.?  Even tho the T&C of this website says "we do not take suggestions and all posts become property of I.Q." How does one make a suggestion in general terms?  If i give an idea and it is used "as is", or modified and becomes implemented into QFI, well that would make me very pleased and i would'nt want money or even recognized.  Should i keep my ideas to myself??  Please make more clear to me the rules.  Thanks Chadly.

Lupin

• Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 01:31:37 PM »
Just a simple question.  If i want to submit an idea or two, will you not even read it? Do i make a thread "suggestions for the game?" Should i P.M. to someone at I.Q.?  Even tho the T&C of this website says "we do not take suggestions and all posts become property of I.Q." How does one make a suggestion in general terms?  If i give an idea and it is used "as is", or modified and becomes implemented into QFI, well that would make me very pleased and i would'nt want money or even recognized.  Should i keep my ideas to myself??  Please make more clear to me the rules.  Thanks Chadly.

Going by what has been said in other threads on the site, the staff won't accept any ideas personally from us, otherwise their inbox would just be full of emails from us fans going "HEY, I'VE GOT A REALLY COOL IDEA FOR QFI" and we all know that would really annoy them.

Also, we have all been discussing general ideas in the forums as a whole, of various game elements we like, or ideas that we think is cool. So if by random chance the staff members do like an idea that you have put down, then maybe they will discuss it with you. Otherwise, I would just leave it alone.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 01:47:53 PM »
What Lupin said.  It's really not a big deal.  Nobody's trying to say not to suggest things or discuss ideas you think might be cool for the game--in fact, I'm pretty sure everyone enjoys it and encourages it.  Just don't necessarily expect your idea to get used, and if it does get used, basically the only reward you get is the satisfaction of knowing that your forum discussion may have in some way contributed to the coolness of the game.  ;)

Additionally, I think the implication is, discuss whatever you like in the forums, but don't privately submit ideas via email or PM and expect that to somehow make them legally binding or something.  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 02:21:54 PM »
Understood. Thanks for the clarification. :)  Chadly.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 03:34:40 PM »
Yeah.  There won't be an official "submit ideas" forums.  Because, officially, we are not accepting any submissions, thank you.

Bt

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 10:51:31 PM »
Agreed. I don't like it either, but gotta cover our own asses as well as other peoples!

You're not planning on making Rayford's home robbable, are you?  Cause I'll sue you if you are!  There's no way ANYONE could have come up with that idea without my input!  8)

(kidding, because I do want to rob his home!)

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 11:23:53 AM »
Nit picking over a game's content  ::) Heck, if I had an idea and later found it in a product, I'd be honored even if nobody acknowledged it. What if I stood on a busy street corner and contributed a raucous sum of methane. How many people would sue? If my life were so miniscule where finances were concerned, I still would not seek accolades in someone else's work. I have a lifetime of successes and failures that nobody can rival. I don't need or even slightly want what is not mine. I'll even endeavor to help someone else acquire something and be satisfied just knowing it has come to pass or been made possible.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 11:40:46 AM »
It covers our asses because there are people out there who go crazy if there's money involved.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 12:05:01 PM »
It covers our asses because there are people out there who go crazy if there's money involved.

Money?  <sniff, sniff>

Somebody say something about money? <sniff, sniff, sniff>

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 01:15:53 PM »
Hah. I got two bucks. Want one?

Bt

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 04:50:47 PM »
Hah. I got two bucks. Want one?

Bt

Two?  Then I want BOTH !!!   >:(

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 05:52:10 PM »
Okay, fine. 

You just reminded me of the kid from "Better Off Dead".

"TWO DOLLARS!"

Bt

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 09:52:28 PM »
For five dollars, I love You long Time... @#$#@ Sucky...  LOl.  No not really. Still i great movie quote!>>> ;)