Author Topic: My tech/software talk UPDATE with a question for you all  (Read 13319 times)

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
Re: My tech/software talk thread(Updated)
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 10:03:06 AM »
Needless to say, I don't advise paying if you get infected with ransomware - you'll never see the money again, and there's no guarantee you'll get the program to fix the computer, which is why they make you pay via means that don't offer refunds. Keep backups and be prepared to reimage your computer at any time.

asianmusicguy

• Villain
  • Liked: 16
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
Re: My tech/software talk thread(Updated)
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 10:40:09 AM »
Thats right HMP will effectively remove the threat via its kickstartbootable usb  when created as in the above video but it always best to re-image whenever possible for those that dont have imaging software I highly recommend 

True Image
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
Re: My tech/software talk threadIMPORTANT UPDATE FOR ALL ANDROID USERS!
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 10:01:24 PM »
http://blog.malwarebytes.org/whats-in-the-news/2013/07/updatenew-android-vulnerability-affects-99-of-devices/
this is very important and everyone using android phones should update to the latest software and either download the patch yourself or download the patch as soon as it is pushed out to you

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
Re: My tech/software talk threadIMPORTANT UPDATE FOR ALL ANDROID USERS!
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 10:12:37 PM »
Hey guys I want to bump this topic and I want to know is the thread and list and news updates still useful to you I was thinking of restarting the thread if people want me to