Author Topic: Robbing the bank  (Read 7874 times)

garr

• Villain
  • Liked: 68
    • View Profile
Robbing the bank
« on: August 31, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
I can get inside at night ok, but keep setting off gas alarm. Is there a certain level of sneaking required and what about a route on the floor?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Robbing the bank
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 12:56:44 PM »
Yeah, if you have a high enough stealth, you can recognize gas traps - but there is a way to navigate the floor without hitting gas-traps.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 02:22:51 PM »
I purposely set stealth VERY high. Looked all around the floor and just commented about the imported marble. Anyhow, discovered pattern to walk (sneak) and robbed the safe. 50,000 and some gold bars. For what use, buy the town of Volksville? Great puzzle.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 06:04:36 PM »
was hoping for  "deactivated laser beams with our dicks"

another d movie quote there lol

must steal the pic of infamy! 
make it a toothpick haha

ohh the wonders in my head

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Robbing the bank
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 06:05:44 PM »
I purposely set stealth VERY high. Looked all around the floor and just commented about the imported marble. Anyhow, discovered pattern to walk (sneak) and robbed the safe. 50,000 and some gold bars. For what use, buy the town of Volksville? Great puzzle.

yea all these things make me wonder why that fart knocker on steam is showing people how to use cheat engine on adventure games, and then suggesting to use it on every game they own,
whats the point in that..
sheesh that guy..

ahem nm
never needed money..
not where one would cheat anyway..

garr

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 12:24:21 PM »
It would benefit anyone to have a pretty good sneak level for this one. It's not easy staying precisely on the path.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 06:21:11 PM »
oh mate that was a spoiler for sure, not for me but yea
lol

nice tracing tho, still, shoulda been a toothpick of infamy in that somewhere and a dagger in the pants to deactivate it with, lol

ahem

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
  • Liked: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 04:59:12 PM »
I'm new to (playing) the game and new to the forum.
Well, asking a question like this shows by itself that I've been helping myself with some walkthroughs ;) and so this way I know that you can rob the bank.
However, when I do... I only get about 1000 blys from the safe! What have I done wrong?
I'm now in Act 2, I have tried the bank twice around days 5-7.
I bought my version on GOG recently.

Btw, there's something wrong with the forum - I haven't received an activation e-mail even after two days, the webmaster had to activate my account manually.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 08:29:25 PM »
I'm new to (playing) the game and new to the forum.
Well, asking a question like this shows by itself that I've been helping myself with some walkthroughs ;) and so this way I know that you can rob the bank.
However, when I do... I only get about 1000 blys from the safe! What have I done wrong?
I'm now in Act 2, I have tried the bank twice around days 5-7.
I bought my version on GOG recently.

Btw, there's something wrong with the forum - I haven't received an activation e-mail even after two days, the webmaster had to activate my account manually.

Welcome to the forum!  Glad to see you are enjoying the game.  A lot of hard work (and a lot of fun) went into it by the fine folks at Infamous Quests, so it's always nice to see new people discovering and enjoying this game almost 3 years since its initial release.

1. In the Beta Testing forum (not available to general forum members), the various changes from version 1.0 to version 1.1 were posted in late November 2014 -- stats, magic, and money, to name a few.  One of these changes was the amount of money in the Simon bank vault that Rogue Roehm could steal: it was previously 5,000 blys in version 1.0; for versions 1.1 and beyond, it's now only 1,000 blys.

So, you're not missing anything.  More than likely, you are looking at walkthrough for version 1.0 of the game...

2. Over the last 3 years since QFI was released, message forums like this one have fallen out of favor with the gaming community as the preferred method for games & gaming discussions.  Other platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook groups, have taken over as the primary methods of gaming communication.

There's not been much forum activity since IQ released "Order Of The Thorne: The King's Challenge" a year-and-a-half ago in late January 2016.  My guess is that having the webmaster manually activate any new account is simply a way to control and prevent spammers from overtaking/clogging up the forums with spam and bots.

========================================

Should you have any further questions, don't hesitate to post.  There's still some of us "old school" old timers lurking about here, and we'd be more than happy to help.

Take care!

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
  • Liked: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 09:13:27 PM »
I'm definitely "old school" also when it comes to Facebook - I may read profiles, but don't have an account. I just hate being forced to do something an nowadays not using Facebook is perceived as so weird...

By the way, another thieving question.House by the smithy - the blacksmith is standing there all night!...

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 09:47:08 PM »

By the way, another thieving question.House by the smithy - the blacksmith is standing there all night!...

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
Who hates being tied to the post, of course...