Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Blackthorne

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39
Banter and Chit-Chat! / Re: What do y'all think of "mage's initiation"?
« on: December 04, 2018, 11:55:37 AM »
They want to sell it on GOG, but GOG hasn't approved it for sale yet.


Banter and Chit-Chat! / Re: What do y'all think of "mage's initiation"?
« on: December 03, 2018, 09:35:00 AM »
Yay! Congrats on a release date.  I look forward to playing it.


Banter and Chit-Chat! / Re: Survival or Things we Take for Granted
« on: December 01, 2018, 11:19:48 PM »
It's funny to think about this.

Currently, I would die.

I mean, I hunt, I fish, I've camped in the wilderness.  But the fact is if I have no access to a dialysis machine, I'm dead in two weeks, max.  Most likely sooner.  My blood would become toxic, but I'd also gain so much fluid weight, I'd drown and/or have a heart attack from the stress.  I am kept alive by the grace of modern medcine and medical technology.  It's weird to live under such constraints, but that's my life.


Banter and Chit-Chat! / Re: SpaceVenture a Two Guys Game
« on: November 26, 2018, 08:21:53 AM »
Yeah, the game will be released, for sure.  I'm friends with people who have worked on it and play-tested it.  If anyone understands budget problems and long development times, it's me haha.  But yeah, it'll be finished and released.

Shawn covered my own inferences about Scott's involvement.  I do know that he was not only very sick, but had a very big personal/family issue during development too.  The comments section on Kickstarter for it is a wasteland, there's some really nasty people over there who are just bitter and angry and taking it out there.  The game will be released someday, people will either like it or not, and maybe those people will bitch to each other in a circle jerk for a little bit, but then it will be done and this will all fade into obscurity.  Such is the nature of some such projects.


Banter and Chit-Chat! / Re: Games similar to QFI
« on: November 20, 2018, 08:17:36 AM »
Hah, if you wanna go gold school and back to parser, which you don't but I'm gonna mention it anyway, there's always Maddog Williams, which was made by a bunch of cool dudes back in the day - they pitched it to Sierra, but Sierra passed and they released it on their own.  You can download it for free on their website.


Quest for Infamy / Re: Bt (Steve's) Kidney Failure
« on: November 04, 2018, 10:37:00 AM »
Exactly.  People often suggest things as you do, but the fact is you cannot revive necrotic tissue, especially through anything dietary.  The renal diet is also something very specific, I work with a dietician and nutritionist at my dialysis center to have a diet that provides me what I needs and limits the things that I cannot process (Phosphorus, Potassium, etc.).

I have also currently lost 30 lbs since I went into the hosptial, and prior to that I lost 50 lbs as well. 

Thanks for your concern.


Quest for Infamy / Re: Bt (Steve's) Kidney Failure
« on: November 01, 2018, 11:17:11 AM »
Honestly, everyone here has been so supportive.  For years.  Just the conversations we've had, the folks who've played the games I've worked on and liked them...  this stuff all adds to the mix that makes me want to keep on living. 

I've honestly had a lot of medical problems and struggle, but I've also done some amazing things that put me in touch with amazing people all over the world, and that is a life worth living.  Seriously, I have to count my blessings in the dark times - and how many people can claim friends from every inch of this globe?  How many people have been lucky enough to work on their dream and see it come to fruition and have people enjoy the entertainment they created?  I have.

I may not have working kidneys, but I've been given so much more than others ever have been.  So, just keep doing what you're doing - playing our games, talking about them, joking with me, sharing the things you like and enjoy.  I've been doing this as long as I've had kidney failure and I intend to so until I eventually pass on.


Quest for Infamy / Re: Bt (Steve's) Kidney Failure
« on: October 22, 2018, 08:37:45 AM »
It's not certain that whatever condition I have will kill the next transplant I might get; there's an 80% chance it will... but there's a 20% chance it won't.  However, with risks to that and to my wife's health, for my family's sake, it's better if I don't take a kidney from her.  If any complications were to befall her because of this, and our children were negatively impacted more than they already will be... this is what I make my considerations on.

I've been pretty tough for 15 years.  I will see how much longer I can go.  I am pretty stubborn.


Quest for Infamy / Re: Bt (Steve's) Kidney Failure
« on: October 19, 2018, 04:22:09 PM »
Hey guys.

Well, I'm home after spending a week in the hospital.  I'll be back on dialysis on Monday, and doing that for the foreseeable future.  Sorry things have been slow around here.


Banter and Chit-Chat! / Re: Farewell, Telltale?
« on: September 27, 2018, 02:55:00 PM »
Let's not forget the most important part about this whole debacle: my personal vindication after being banned from their forums years ago.

Hahah, I remember that... I got banned in that whole incident, too!  I believe that mod later backed Quest for Infamy on Kickstarter...


Also, remember when Telltale was going to make King's Quest?  :D

Banter and Chit-Chat! / Re: Farewell, Telltale?
« on: September 26, 2018, 09:10:44 AM »
As they should.  Someone fucked up big time at Telltale, and the employees got the shaft.  They're within legal rights, for sure.


Banter and Chit-Chat! / Re: Farewell, Telltale?
« on: September 25, 2018, 09:13:30 AM »
I never cared much for Telltale's formula; I stopped paying attention to their games, really, after BTTF.  Shawn likes the Borderlands game a lot, I recall.  They just didn't do it for me.  I am very sad about the employees let go without severance... that's beyond shitty.

It makes me think though, if Telltale - the "successful" adventure game company - can't make it, who can?  Maybe people will realize it's harder to make these games and make a living than they thought....

Hahah, who am I kidding?  Gamers will NEVER realize that....


Banter and Chit-Chat! / Re: Game Creation, or world building?
« on: August 11, 2018, 09:36:44 AM »
Well, I know I have the resolve to finish up Fortress of Fire.  We have a lot of assets for it, and a story to tell - it needs to be done for me to personally feel like Order of the Thorne tells its full story.

For me, the biggest hurdle in the past two years has been my declining health; add in the fact that I had two young children during that time period too, and game development time went from "I HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD!!!" to "Maybe I can squeeze in an hour tonight after everyone's gone to bed..."

I love making games.  Making games for IA/IQ has been one of the most personally satisfying things I've ever done in my life.  If it all ended tomorrow, I'd have no regrets about it and I'd only remember how amazing it was to make games and have people from all over the world play them.  So, I'm hoping that after my next transplant, I'll have more energy and time to make games.


IQ Chat / Re: What's the status of Roehm to Ruin?
« on: August 01, 2018, 10:10:41 AM »
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give an update and check in here: Roehm to Ruin has been kind of on hold for the past month or so, as I just haven't had time to work on it.  Which is okay, it's still in a solid place; we just have to finish up the programming for the "loot drop" from the tower game as far as big setpieces go. 

Having time off from development also lets me go back and play with fresh eyes and ears, so maybe a few other odds and sods will get tightened up and/or polished.  Thanks to everyone who has play tested it so far, and thanks to those who will when we release the next beta.

I think I may have more energy and time to work on it after I start dialysis again, hopefully that will pick me up some... you never know, though, I could end up sick for a month after starting it.  It's a crap shoot.  All I know is that I've really felt terrible the past few months, I don't sleep well, I have no energy, and any energy and free time I have now is for my family.

I hope you all are doing well out there, I know everyone's got their own issues.  At least there's some cool adventure games on the horizon from some friends of ours - Unavowed from WadjetEye Games launches this month!  And Lamplight City from Grundislav Games is coming soon too.  So, hopefully after all the hubub from their releases dies down a bit, we can get on to releasing QFI: Roehm to Ruin.

Recently, I've been thinking about how QFI came about after my last transplant; after it happened and things were great, a fire was lit under my ass and we hustled to finish SQ2 and then we steeled our resolve to make QFI happen. And we did.

So maybe after this transplant, we can finally make Quest for Infamy 2 happen, proper.  Shawn and I have had the story and setting developed for years now.  Perhaps we could do it.  Anyway, I appreciate all of you who have stuck around our forums, been fans and encouraged us.  Times have looked bleak, but I know at our core, the folks here at IQ are strong.


IQ Chat / Re: Kings Quest For Steve video upload?
« on: July 21, 2018, 12:23:55 PM »
We didn't get to Kingdom of Sorrow in this stream, but we have a bunch of keys leftover and more KQ games to do, so I think we're going to do another!


Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39