Author Topic: Krasna Overlook - Enhanced Screenshot via Neural Network  (Read 3173 times)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Krasna Overlook - Enhanced Screenshot via Neural Network
« on: August 01, 2020, 10:43:48 AM »

Absolutely loved the Kransa Overlook screen in QFI.  Sure it's a screen that's essentially a "dead-end / boundary of the playable area" screen, but it gives two crucial bits of information: reinforcing that Roehm can't go back the way he came (because of the Baron), but more importantly, gives the relative positions of some of the more important places in the Valley of Krasna -- Volksville, Brattle's Cabin, the ruins of Killington Manor, the Morroi Fortress, the King's Road, the King's Bridge, the Great Oak Tree, the old Hummel place, and Hermit Homestead.

Always thought it would make a nice wallpaper background, so I ran it through one of those neural network enhancers:

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Krasna Overlook - Enhanced Screenshot via Neural Network
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 11:06:25 PM »
Nice. I always liked this screen too. Fizzii did a great job with it. I love that its animated in game too!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 08:50:15 AM »
Nice. I always liked this screen too. Fizzii did a great job with it. I love that its animated in game too!

Yup!  Too bad there isn't a way to have animated background wallpaper... (or maybe there is, and I just haven't looked hard enough).

Also loved the the Eye of Mantilla floating above the Centai Temple of in Jhondar during the game's epilogue cut-scene (neural processed here as well):

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 11:14:19 AM »
I love that place too. I generally like the fact that there are many nature scenes that are not at all necessary gameplaywise but are just beautiful to discover and wander through. That way the valley feels like a realistic place, not like a playground as many other games do (where around every single corner another enemy/npc/quest waits for the player).

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 06:39:46 PM »
Ah, Jhondar.  Where QFI 2 takes place. 

I was talking QFI2 on twitter today.  I think I'd really like to make it.  Was doing some numbers - like, number of backgrounds, number artists, how much to pay them, etc.  Maybe I'll put together a rudimentary budget and see if we can make it.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 08:38:33 AM »

I was talking QFI2 on twitter today.  I think I'd really like to make it.  Was doing some numbers - like, number of backgrounds, number artists, how much to pay them, etc.  Maybe I'll put together a rudimentary budget and see if we can make it.

Bt

Interesting...  I always thought that the northern-half of Lonaria (across the Silmahwyn river) would be the logical location for the next QFI# game, but that would certainly go against the "5 distinct lands/5 games" plan...

Would love to see it happen!

Brainiac

• Lackey
  • Liked: 58
  • Game Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 07:23:38 PM »
Lemme know if you need the scant notes I have from behind-the-scenes discussions!
There is balance in all things. Live in symmetry with the world around you. If you must blow things up and steal from those around you, THAT'S WHAT RPGS ARE FOR!

Official Member of the VGL Street Team

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 03:56:42 PM »

Bt

Interesting...  I always thought that the northern-half of Lonaria (across the Silmahwyn river) would be the logical location for the next QFI# game, but that would certainly go against the "5 distinct lands/5 games" plan...

Would love to see it happen!

Yeah, the next game starts out in the Castle, Koniglist - Roehm is being honored in a banquet by the king, and there's an assassination attempt on the king.  Roehm is implicated, but there's no real evidence.  He is commanded to follow the only lead, and find the assassin - the lead points to Jhondar, where he goes to find the assassin.  (The impetus? His newly acquired wealth would be revoked if he refused)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 04:14:34 PM »

Yeah, that's right!  I forgot -- you did mention that a few years back...  I new the King of Lonaria factored in somehow.

Love the idea of the Roehm having a Snake Plisken-type problem: find the President and receive the antidote, or don't and die within 24 hours.

I still like my super-secret ending to QFI where Roehm meets the King of Lonaria for the first time, which leads to the start of QFI2:

When you exit from Swart's cart, you can wander though a few screens of Castle Lonaria, looking for the lavatory (it WAS a long cart ride, you know).

Anyway, when you finally find the loo and Roehm enters it, he mutters, "Cripes, what an ooo-dor!  Where the hell's the chambermaid?"

There is a loud, "A-HEM."

A curtain opens, and the King of Lonaria rises from a seated position, adjusts his robe, and places his crown on his head.  And he does NOT look amused.

Roehm then says, "Ooo!  Nice one, your Highness.  I didn't mean to catch you on the 'throne,' but before you make me kiss yer ring, hows about you wash up first? Hah!"

And that's where the special sneak peak of QFI2 ends...