Author Topic: Hero U  (Read 7729 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Hero U
« on: July 15, 2018, 05:32:48 PM »
Hey all.

The Coles, who designed the Quest for Glory series have a new game out called Hero U:Rogue to Redemption.  It is in my opionion succesor to Quest for Glory. It's fantastic. You can get it for 30 dollars from Steam or Gog.com.  If you like Role playing games/adventure give this one a try.  You won't be disappointed. Chadly

**********Chadly*********************

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Hero U
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 03:04:06 PM »
wait it released?
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 03:19:34 PM »
Yes Kal, it came out last monday. Available now. It's fun.

Chadly

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 11:38:44 PM »
my health has been unwell also

wasnt following much

ty and cheers n  NO MORE BEERS

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 02:45:37 PM »
I concur

as soon as I found this was a 50 day, which goes in about 20 min per day at MAX
it was terribly made, I was like this is just harry potter and monsters inc,
wtf is this lori and cory ughhh

this is almost in the arena of those Tamagotchi.

REFUNDED
terrible terrible game

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 04:23:51 PM »
nah your not to old

this is just a poorly developed game
again if it allowed you to spend time daily, thats fine, I loved gab knight insert disc 5  listen to convos at the right time or else
colonels bequest is another great timed game

but this was done just crap

yea not just looking at objects, talking all take 2-5 min  just to raise perception
demerits , sneaking doesnt really exist, just hope you save and reload so idiot wont tell you to buy a uniform

the game tells you nothing of how to make money unless you stumble upon it
the days repeat, most of them, so what if i never get a full lock pick and thief set in 20 days? i only have 30 left? wtf

ugh this game is soo BULLY and HARRY and ugh a pet feeding game, sims HEROU
gooo awaaay

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 08:09:49 PM »
Well, I love it. I think the problem going in is some people (this isn't directed at you guys here, just stuff I've read) think it's going to be QFG and when it's not they get the hump and rage quit. I think it's a good evolution for story driven games and it could easily be the best game the Coles have produced so far (with the exclusion of HQ1 which is the greatest game ever made).

The highlight for me is the writing (as usual) and Josh Mandel did such a great job on a lot of those click messages. The whole game feels like an onion to me, peeling it away a bit at a time and discovering new things. I like the college idea too, it's a great framework for a story and allows a lot of different pieces to come together. I've spent a lot of hours in this game so far.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 12:20:08 PM »
Backed this one from the first Kickstart, haven't had a chance to start it yet, but after seeing a demo some time back, I'm cautiously optimistic.

However, I'm not a fan of the "wrong place / wrong time" type of game, where you might miss crucial information and clues for no good reason -- it's penalizing the player through no fault of his/her own.  (Never got into Colonel's Bequest because of this.)

HOWEVER, it _is_ a good excuse for contrived replayabilty -- just to get all of the information you may have missed ... that is, if you liked the game enough the first time around !  ::)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 06:24:27 PM »
Unlike Colonel's Bequest, missing things doesn't kill the story, it just directs it in different ways. I think it would be safe to say there's no way to do everything 100% in a single play.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 08:58:29 PM »
Hi.

Timers in a game can be a pain I agree, but they are neccessary.  If you want to try amd Stat Grind to max, it can't be done.  They game makes you make choices as the game goes along at a max 60 days. @klytos Yes I agree folks who hoped this would be another QFG are probally mad and dissappointed.(I'm not ripping any who post here) However it IS the spiritual successor to Quest for Glory as it's made by the Coles.  I have played tho the entire game and it's challenging at times.  It has great replayability, because you can't go down every road in one play thru.  Is the game perfect?, no it has some glitches. But for what was made by the budget allowed(600K thru 2 KS and a unddertermined amount of the Coles own money), its a decent and fun game.  Will it have folks who hate it? Yes what game doesn't?

Chadly

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 09:11:51 PM »
   I consider Hero U and Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded Sierra Successes. Also Jane Jensen's Moebius and Gabriel Knight remake.  Now if we could get Space Venture to release, as well as Robert's Star Citizen I'd be happy as a Clam.

Chadly

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 12:20:22 AM »
Star Citizen will never see the light of day.

I wouldn't say Reloaded was a success considering it was released to fairly non-plussed reviews, none of the people who worked on it got more than a single cheque for royalties, and the whole company disappeared afterwards with another group obviously claiming the rights to make a new one. I think the Gabriel Knight remake and Moebius were quite good and I anticipate SV being great too, whenever that gets released.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 02:09:35 AM »
     I simply can't believe with all the money Star Citizen raised that they can't complete it. By the time they do, I will have to buy a multi-thousand dollar gaming computer to play it.  It's just sad, how some KS's fall Flat. You Guys made two great games, with one more on the way (Roehm to Ruin) on a very small budget.  These guys have millions to invest and years later not much to show for it.  I just wish for example Space Venture would be open on developement. Where is Scott Murphey? If he has left the project tell us that and why?  If they are broke. do another KS like the Coles did to fund completion of the game.  If I wanted to waste money I'd just flush it down the toilet. Yes, KS are a big gamble, but worth it some of the time.

Chadly. 8)

shoptroll

• Lackey
  • Liked: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 08:50:57 PM »
I wouldn't say Reloaded was a success considering it was released to fairly non-plussed reviews, none of the people who worked on it got more than a single cheque for royalties, and the whole company disappeared afterwards with another group obviously claiming the rights to make a new one.

Agreed.  Reloaded really would've benefited tremendously from 2x the budget.  As it existed I'm not 100% sure it was an improvement even over the VGA remake unless you really have a thing for games in a modern resolution.

Hearing that people didn't get paid much in the way of royalties is depressing/angering.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 11:35:19 PM »
Hero U  is a great game. No it's not QFG. like so many wanted (me included). But it stands on its own. I suppoerted the KS, like others.  Sure it has faults and glitches, but here is what gets me: Over on the KS page for Hero U, there is a person who donated thousands of dollars bitching about rewards, and tearing the game, the Coles, and anyone who likes/supports the game. I mean this dude writes long bloviated posts about Corey Cole with pure meaness. Shit man if I gave that kind of money I'd ask for a refund. He has also wrote shitty things about me for just supporting the game. Ok, you don't like a game, or views of the Creator thats fine, but actively writing libel is Bullshit. Hell i even agree with some of what this asshole says about the game. It' just a game meant to be fun!   :) 8)  Chadly

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
  • Liked: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 02:45:36 PM »
I just greatly regret that it will be 3D. For me 3D is a huge step backwards in terms of beauty when compared to "hand-painted" graphics (as in, for example, "Quest for Infamy").